Sponsored

Can't pick stripes

sp13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 V6 Premium
So my Competition Orange stang is on its way, and I want to get stripes put on by the dealer (narrow, over the top, dual stripes). I was going to go with the matte black, but it seems like most pictures I see show gloss black ... So I'm looking for opinions on matte vs gloss..?:confused:
Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
So my Competition Orange stang is on its way, and I want to get stripes put on by the dealer (narrow, over the top, dual stripes). I was going to go with the matte black, but it seems like most pictures I see show gloss black ... So I'm looking for opinions on matte vs gloss..?:confused:
First off, nice choice. I love a brightly colored car (white, yellow, orange, etc) with black accent pieces. The black really pops off those bright colors and looks aggressive.

That said I do not like glossy black at all, obviously that's just a personal choice. But for me its 100% matte black. I really don't understand why Ford includes glossy black wheels for some packages, the vast majority of the aftermarket wheels I see for sale and in person are matte.

Just my 2 cents.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Gloss black stripes show dirt and water spots way more than matte black stripes. I also think that matte portrays an aggressive look on an orange car, whereas, the gloss black stripes might just look "Holloween Pumkinish". Just saying...

OP
OP

sp13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 V6 Premium
Gloss black stripes show dirt and water spots way more than matte black stripes. I also think that matte portrays an aggressive look on an orange car, whereas, the gloss black stripes might just look "Holloween Pumkinish". Just saying...
I agree. I think matte gives an aggressive look. It's reassuring to hear it from someone else.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Anyone have matte black stripes on a black mustang they can post? I've seen one before but not sure if it was black or gray due to lighting.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
mine with gloss black and a silver metallic on the outside only

IMG_4102.JPG

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
I've been debating... thought matte black, but after seeing gloss black with silver, I'd go that route. Good luck on your choice. CO Rules!

Sponsored

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
A little offtopic - are those stripes durable? Power washer safe? What about waxing around the edges?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
A little offtopic - are those stripes durable? Power washer safe? What about waxing around the edges?
i took mine to the drive through car wash the other day and they were fine, i did wait about a month before i did, just because i was doing it myself, but i didnt have time and thought i would chance it. no issue so that was good. i waxed with Zaino up to the edges and all seemed fine.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Anyone have matte black stripes on a black mustang they can post? I've seen one before but not sure if it was black or gray due to lighting.

My car with matte black/grabber blue stripes.

OP it just depends what overall look you want for the car. I prefer matte over glossy on Orange but that's just me.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
My car with matte black/grabber blue stripes.

OP it just depends what overall look you want for the car. I prefer matte over glossy on Orange but that's just me.
Those look awesome! Definitely what I'm going with (red pins). I also like the light tints. I just finished mine this morning and I just started an all new round of me not being able to stop checking out my own car.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Those look awesome! Definitely what I'm going with (red pins). I also like the light tints. I just finished mine this morning and I just started an all new round of me not being able to stop checking out my own car.

Thanks. The red looks good too and yeah I love the light tint. I definitely do double takes lol.
Sponsored