GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
Im having no luck finding any brake pads for 2016 GT perf. pack.

Do I have the option of searching for GT350 pads from 2015? Are the brakes the exact same as from the GT350 front?

EDIT: Learned that rear brakes are different GT350 vs GTPP

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Carbotech can make up pads to suit. You might need the pad outline number, though.

I've run both XP8's and XP10's year round - they are a bit dusty and they will make some noise (I only hear it occasionally). But the cold bite (down into the 20°'s F ambient) is pretty good for pads that haven't ever let me down at the track, might actually be better than the initial bite of the OE pads and is definitely better than the bite I got with Hawk's older HPS (not the recently offered High Performance Street 5.0) formulation.

I did get some green fade once with the 8's, and I've been on 12's up front since the end of last year. Four track days but only limited street duty.

Norm

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I run carbotech XP12 front and XP10 rear on the track. I just run the stock pads for every day driving. It takes me about an hour total to change all 4 corners before a track weekend. They are very noisy and way more brake dust. Fine to drive to and from the track, but I do not recommend them for the street. Also, check out G-loc. The guy that was a major player at carbotech just left and started gloc. I'm sure they are very similar to carbotech.

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Carbotech CTSTANG-"Compound" (CTSTANG-XP12) is the front part number and CTSTANG-R-"Compound" is the rear. You might want to contact Mike at carbotech directly. I got a pretty good price from them.

And as mentioned above, might want to look at the G-LOC pads. You can get them from Vorshlag and they are a bit cheaper than the Carbotech but supposedly the exact same compounds?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
How do these performance pads compare to the oem pads for daily driving? I don't care about noise or dust really. Mainly concerned with stopping when the brakes aren't hot.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I run carbotech XP12 front and XP10 rear on the track. I just run the stock pads for every day driving. It takes me about an hour total to change all 4 corners before a track weekend. They are very noisy and way more brake dust. Fine to drive to and from the track, but I do not recommend them for the street. Also, check out G-loc. The guy that was a major player at carbotech just left and started gloc. I'm sure they are very similar to carbotech.
Most OEM pads are not compatible with the carbotech/Gloc pads. If you don't get new rotors, or turned stockers, they will make noise and not be as strong performance wise.

You can pair all carbotechs on the same rotor, however. So you could pair 1521 street pads with the xp12s for track, etc.

How do these performance pads compare to the oem pads for daily driving? I don't care about noise or dust really. Mainly concerned with stopping when the brakes aren't hot.
I daily drove on xp8s on my Golf R, and loved them. They were on par with oem pads when cold (even in the winter).

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The only ones we have in stock are Ferodo DS1.11's for the front and Hawk DTC-30's for the rear. This combo would typically have the same balance as Carbo XP10/12's in front and XP8's in the rear.

Still working on some track pads for the PP and also GT350. It just takes time to do it right. G-Loc has a front pad for the PP. Our intermediate pad will fall in the XP10/12F and 6-8R. The advanced pads will be similar to a XP16/20F and 8R. I think they will be pretty well balanced. Development requires real money, and takes time, all I can say, every dime goes right back in. Maybe in a month we'll have more news.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Only thing I can add here is that you should also upgrade the rear pads to a track pad. I took a short cut and ran track pads up front and OEM in the rear, and that was a big mistake.

The rear pads wore down fast and the local Autozones, Pep Boys, etc, don't stock rear pads yet, so I was out for the last day of my event.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Most OEM pads are not compatible with the carbotech/Gloc pads. If you don't get new rotors, or turned stockers, they will make noise and not be as strong performance wise.

You can pair all carbotechs on the same rotor, however. So you could pair 1521 street pads with the xp12s for track, etc..
Good to know. :) what pads are you running on track in your mustang?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good to know. :) what pads are you running on track in your mustang?
I'm still on the stock brakes. I had planned on tracking a lot this year, but we unexpectedly sold and purchased a new house, so our budget went elsewhere.

I'm sticking with autocross this year, and will probably ride the stock pads out until next.

I plan on doing a Gloc equivelant to the Carbotech AX6 for autocross/daily and a XP 10/12 front and 8/10 rear for hpde.