Sponsored

Canadian 2018 Mustang Gt (300A) limited to 7000rpm

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It’s my first mustang so it’s hard to compare. I did rent a 2017 last summer and it’s why I have one now but enterprise used the “my key” function to tune the car down to 420 HP I believe. So this one has lots more power but again it’s hard to compare. Has ford just spread 7400 rpm over the 7000 scale? Would like some answeres from ford if possible. Dealer knows nothing and was surprised when I pointed it out.
The sweep still goes up to 8000 rpm, it would be like tuning a 15-17 and going past 7000. If you look at the “new” rpm face it moves the hash marks up otherwise the gauge functions in the same way with the sweep/increment motion. Just makes no sense that the face was not updated when it appears to be a newly built cluster and not a left over one.
Sponsored

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT Magnetic A10 300A 3.55
Today my car rolled over the 600KM mark so I decided to venture into the "red line RPM realm". I'm happy to report that the car flew past the incorrectly marked 7000 RPM red line and came close to the 8000 RPM mark so I'm assuming it shifted pretty much at 7500! I had to do it to put my doubts to rest. I hope this helps others as well. It's truly an incorrectly marked 7000 red line and the car will continue pass it no problem.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Today my car rolled over the 600KM mark so I decided to venture into the "red line RPM realm". I'm happy to report that the car flew past the incorrectly marked 7000 RPM red line and came close to the 8000 RPM mark so I'm assuming it shifted pretty much at 7500! I had to do it to put my doubts to rest. I hope this helps others as well. It's truly an incorrectly marked 7000 red line and the car will continue pass it no problem.
Yes no worries all the Canadian car rev as high and make as much power than the USA car. I have confirmed that already on this tread weeks ago as my friend test drive one and also put it on his dyno.
Only issues is the freaking wrong gauge sticker at 7000 rpm. :headbonk:

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Mine arrived at he end of april and has the same wrong redline indicator. Dealer told me it s transport Canada that don t let them to put a redline so high. That is the best bullshit i have ever heard. I asked for a proof of that and still waiting. And i said why on the digital it s 7400 rpm ? No answer.

One told me it’s because i don’t have the performance package :-)

I m going to call ford Canada

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer bullshitt!!!

I have the official answers:

"Thank so much for your patience as I know it has been a long time since you asked your question.

This is a follow - up message, as we have further information in regards to this matter that we wish to apprise you of.

So the answer is that all the 2018 KPH/MPH clusters will share the redline with the 2.3L Eco boost engine, this does not mean that the engine will be limited to the redline of the 2.3L engine but the graphical representation of the redline will be lower than the actual capability.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,

Diana S.

Customer Relationship Centre

Ford of Canada "

Traduction: we save money with the ecoboost gauge and wrong red line on the GT with analog kilometer dash .Our Canadian and international customers are second class customers anyway :headbonk:

By the way the Mustang is the most selling sport car in Canada since something like 1983!!!!!

Maybe the 2019 will have the correct dash!!??!

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
When they killed the V6, Ford said it was only sold in the US and some minor
secondary markets. That is the answer: minor secondary market!

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Dealer bullshitt!!!

"Thank so much for your patience as I know it has been a long time since you asked your question.

This is a follow - up message, as we have further information in regards to this matter that we wish to apprise you of.

So the answer is that all the 2018 KPH/MPH clusters will share the redline with the 2.3L Eco boost engine, this does not mean that the engine will be limited to the redline of the 2.3L engine but the graphical representation of the redline will be lower than the actual capability.

Sincerely,

Diana S.

Ford of Canada "

Traduction: we save money with the ecoboost gauge and wrong red line on the GT with analog kilometer dash .Our Canadian and international customers are second class customers anyway :headbonk:

By the way the Mustang is the most selling sport car in Canada since something like 1983!!!!!

Thank you.
But how can they give this kind of answer ?
May be i won t loose my time for that

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thank you.
Easy. They had already cashed your check.

Its amazing how stupid corporations can be. I mean it would have been better to not give any answer than look like idiots.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.
May be i won t loose my time for that
It took 3 months the get that answer!!!
I did not bother to ask why. I was already to frustrated lol. I can't believe they put a EcoBoost gauge in a GT after all that bragging about the new 7400-7500 redline!!!!

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It took 3 months the get that answer!!!
I did not bother to ask why. I was already to frustrated lol. I can't believe they put a EcoBoost gauge in a GT after all that bragging about the new 7400-7500 redline!!!!

The volume of sales isn’t large enough to justify a new tach for the base GT. The Ecoboost redline is lower so no liability there. Plus they sell more of those. You’re answer.

I’d swap in the digital dash. In fact, they should have made that standard even if it increased the price.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Dealer bullshitt!!!

Sincerely,

Diana S.

Ford of Canada "

It's not just Ford, others do it to. When I bought my 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T. I noticed the Tach shows a redline of 6,000, but the 2.0T redline is 6800. Basically VW cheaped out and installed the instrument cluster from the 2.5 5 cylinder which redlines at 6,000.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The volume of sales isn’t large enough to justify a new tach for the base GT. The Ecoboost redline is lower so no liability there. Plus they sell more of those. You’re answer.

I’d swap in the digital dash. In fact, they should have made that standard even if it increased the price.
Nothing to do about base trim. There is a lot more car sold with the analog gauge. The analog gauge is on the premium also only the 401A get the digital.

The $$$ I put on a GT vs a EcoBoost justify plenty that I get a correct gauge.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not just Ford, others do it to. When I bought my 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T. I noticed the Tach shows a redline of 6,000, but the 2.0T redline is 6800. Basically VW cheaped out and installed the instrument cluster from the 2.5 5 cylinder which redlines at 6,000.
At least they probably did that for all the countries. Here they cheap out for every metric country but not USA!!

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

Yup as long as it's lower they are covered. Good luck demonstrating damages in this issue as there are no demonstrative ones. I’d simply have pushed for a digital dash on an individual basis and seen if that got me anywhere. Probably not though.
Sponsored