Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Nothing to do about base trim. There is a lot more car sold with the analog gauge. The analog gauge is on the premium also only the 401A get the digital.

The $$$ I put on a GT vs a EcoBoost justify plenty that I get a correct gauge.

Well my Canadian friend that is reality and we have to live in the real world. Look, all V6 Mustangs in Canada have fog lights. The base V6 cars in the States do not. They were selling a lot of V6s up here till 2018. So they added it. It works both ways.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And since this is a Canadaian thread I’ll give my brothers some more reality.

Ford is a company and everything is priced out, everything comes with the a dollar sign attached to it. Even lives lost due to faulty engineering. I probably got the cheapest brand new S550 Mustang on this board because I bought it from fleet sales. A commercial rental vehicle.

Guess what? Zero issues as in not even a single blimp once at idle. Though not absolute I would posit the air conditioner will probably last longer too - why? Because if you buy a few thousand or a few hundred or even 20 cars for a business and the air conditioning craps out on them at the same time Ford could loose the business, they could be sued, the contract may state that Ford has to provide loners. So naturally if Ford has to choose who got the revised evaporators and who got the crap, the consumer gets the crap part. All those people will do is complain on a message board. Anyway that is how business works. If your Mustang was a company car you would not give a flying f*ck if the tach read 500 rpm lower. So Ford and the commercial customers don’t care and you the consumer don’t matter. That is reality.

Last edited:

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
At least they probably did that for all the countries. Here they cheap out for every metric country!!
I'm always amazed that my U.S. friends think we're strange in Canada, because we're metric. In fact, there are only 3 non metric countries in the world, Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America. Obviously, the vast majority of Mustang sales are in the U.S. and metric countries are all secondary markets. Even if all Mustangs were built in Canada, most of them would still be built for the U.S. market. As a result, I believe the situation described in this thread would still exist for Canadian cars and those going to other metric countries.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
Well my Canadian friend that is reality and we have to live in the real world. Look, all V6 Mustangs in Canada have fog lights. The base V6 cars in the States do not. They were selling a lot of V6s up here till 2018. So they added it. It works both ways.

They could add or removed what they want to a particular market no problem. Having a wrong tach on a sport car of 460hp plus is just wrong particulary for a M6 car.

They were advertising 460 hp and a 7500 rpm all over the place. Did not see anywhere a "*" saying that GT Canadian model would have a ecoboost tach!!

Sponsored

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm always amazed that my U.S. friends think we're strange in Canada, because we're metric. In fact, there are only 3 non metric countries in the world, Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America. Obviously, the vast majority of Mustang sales are in the U.S. and metric countries are all secondary markets. Even if all Mustangs were built in Canada, most of them would still be built for the U.S. market. As a result, I believe the situation described in this thread would still exist for Canadian cars and those going to other metric countries.
I think it's the first time since metric conversion in canada (1970's) that a v8 Mustang in Canada is having a wrong metric tach!!! I guess we have been lucky for 45+ year until 2018 lol

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I think it's the first time since metric conversion in canada (1970's) that a v8 Mustang in Canada is having a wrong metric tach!!! I guess we have been lucky for 45+ year until 2018 lol
There is no such thing as a metric tach, because there is no such thing as metric time. A revolution is a revolution and a minute is a minute. The explanation from Ford is that all 2018 analog clusters for metric markets will get the Ecoboost tach with 6500 RPM red line. So, for Ecoboost owners in metric markets, no problem. It's the V/8 guys (some!) who are annoyed that they have the Ecoboost tach in their GT and GT Premium analog gauge clusters when it should have a 7500 RPM unit. Seems Ford is not going to spend the money to produce two different metric analog gauge clusters.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no such thing as a metric tach, because there is no such thing as metric time. A revolution is a revolution and a minute is a minute. The explanation from Ford is that all 2018 analog clusters for metric markets will get the Ecoboost tach with 6500 RPM red line. So, for Ecoboost owners in metric markets, no problem. It's the V/8 guys (some!) who are annoyed that they have the Ecoboost tach in their GT and GT Premium analog gauge clusters when it should have a 7500 RPM unit. Seems Ford is not going to spend the money to produce two different metric analog gauge clusters.
Oh boy!!!

I think is kind of obvious I wanted to say metric gauge. Metric time Lol!!

I am a die hard Mustang fan and to be honest even if it's not the end of the world I can't believe they done that!!

They have always been producing 2 metric gauge even my affordable 93 lx 5.0 have the 5.0l gauge in metric!!

Even do I can live with my EcoBoost gauge I would have prefer having the correct METRIC GAUGE like the majority of 2018 GT owner and non owner that still don't understand the ecoboost gauge in a GT joke!

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
I have the non metric slow backwards 4 banger tach in my Ca 18 gt..:)

BUT..now have a bloody boring auto 10 speed that does it perfect all by itself, dont even need a damn tach with this! Im gonna put a pic of Garlits in there instead.

Last edited:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I'm still confused by imperial gallons. :D
It's all about pints. Think of it this way an American pint of bear is 16 oz, and 4 or 4.5% alcohol. An imperial pint, what the rest of the world drinks is 20 oz and 5% alcohol. 8 pints to a gallon. So s US gallon is 128 oz, and an Imperial gallon is 160 oz. ;)

Sponsored

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, this is still the case with the 2019's. My GT has the Ecoboost rpm gauge cluster with the 6500 redline. Unbelievable and incredibly cheap on Ford's behalf. If it's an honest oversight they need to address it now. Someone needs to contact a higher up at Ford who can actually do something about this issue.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Yep, this is still the case with the 2019's. My GT has the Ecoboost rpm gauge cluster with the 6500 redline. Unbelievable and incredibly cheap on Ford's behalf. If it's an honest oversight they need to address it now. Someone needs to contact a higher up at Ford who can actually do something about this issue.
Post #67 contains the answer from Ford. They do not produce 2 different KPH/MPH gauge clusters for the Canadian market. Thus, the 6500 redline Ecoboost unit is also used for the GT. Obviously, a cost saving measure and one they are not likely to change.

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Post #67 contains the answer from Ford. They do not produce 2 different KPH/MPH gauge clusters for the Canadian market. Thus, the 6500 redline Ecoboost unit is also used for the GT. Obviously, a cost saving measure and one they are not likely to change.
Every GT owner affected by this would agree that it's completely unacceptable. We paid $45k to $55k+ CAD ,along with 12% tax, for a 2018+ Mustang GT with an advertised 7400 RPM redline that instead only displays a 6500 rpm redline, because it's the the rpm gauge from the Ecoboost, a completely different engine.

If Ford decided to not even bother spending a small amount of money to have the proper redline for the 110 countries outside of the US where the Mustang is sold, what does that say about their overall quality and attention to detail? It's ridiculous that Ford has been installing the wrong part into the GT now for two straight years, and they still haven't fixed it with the 2019 GT's either.

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I suggest you just drive it like it has that 7500rpm red line and when your motor pops because of the tick thingy; they can claim you ran your motor past redline. So your fault.

I SAY: Diabolical !!!!!

:crackup:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Yes it's pretty disappointing, but Ford isn't the only one. My 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T FSI engine has the instrument cluster from the 2.5L 5 cylinder engine. The redline on my Tach shows 5,800 rpm, while the engine RPM limit of my engine is 6,800.

Ford simply did not want to go to the cost of making two instrument clusters for Canada. All to save a few $$. This is the same logic that all 2019 Mustang's only have a single tone horn vs a two tone horn....This in my $61,650 Canadian Bullitt. Now that's cheap...... what did they save $50?
Sponsored

Last edited: