Sponsored

Can I Remove and Sell My Performance Pack 2?

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
My question is: if I remove the performance pack 2 parts can they be used on another Mustang? I thought the procal tuner was married to the vehicle but maybe there was a way to unmarry it like an SCT. I have all stock parts and tuner still. Searching for other topics failed me.

I've loved the Mustang but I have to trade it for a family hauler since we have another on the way. I'll be selling the Stealthbox set up with custom harness and exhaust too if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
since the PP2 is from ford itself i would think you could leave it on and maybe help resale or trade in value. at least its not like a ton of added on parts that people wouldnt want. plus retains warranty etc

would at least save you the trouble of taking everything off and reinstalling stock stuff and trying to sell it too

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
My question is: if I remove the performance pack 2 parts can they be used on another Mustang? I thought the procal tuner was married to the vehicle but maybe there was a way to unmarry it like an SCT. I have all stock parts and tuner still. Searching for other topics failed me.

I've loved the Mustang but I have to trade it for a family hauler since we have another on the way. I'll be selling the Stealthbox set up with custom harness and exhaust too if anyone is interested.
You're talking PowerPack probably, not Performance Pack. One has nothing to do with the other and will confuse most.
The tuner itself (I believe) is not married, but the calibration that you used - is.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The procal can be re-used, but whoever buys it needs a new tune specifically for their car...and not sure that Ford will sell them just a new tune, in fact I doubt it.

Your best bet to try and salvage some money out of this is to return the car to stock, and sell just the CAI and TB and forget about the procal.

OP
OP

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
You're talking PowerPack probably, not Performance Pack. One has nothing to do with the other and will confuse most.
The tuner itself (I believe) is not married, but the calibration that you used - is.
You're totally right, that's what i get for posting after beers. Power Pack 2 is what I'm asking about.

The procal can be re-used, but whoever buys it needs a new tune specifically for their car...and not sure that Ford will sell them just a new tune, in fact I doubt it.

Your best bet to try and salvage some money out of this is to return the car to stock, and sell just the CAI and TB and forget about the procal.
That's always an option too. After I posted I read on one of the Mustang S550 FB pages that HP Tuners has a "repository" of tunes, including Ford Performance Pack tunes, that can be purchased for $200 and used with an SCT. It might be worth it to the next guy to go that route, it's a pretty decent tune for the car.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You're totally right, that's what i get for posting after beers. Power Pack 2 is what I'm asking about.

That's always an option too. After I posted I read on one of the Mustang S550 FB pages that HP Tuners has a "repository" of tunes, including Ford Performance Pack tunes, that can be purchased for $200 and used with an SCT. It might be worth it to the next guy to go that route, it's a pretty decent tune for the car.
The HPT repository tunes are free, so all you really need is something to load them with. If the user knows someone with HPT hardware, all they have to buy is $100 worth of credits.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Ford Performance tunes are locked to serial number, so technically you can sell the hardware, but not the tune.
Sponsored