Sponsored

She is On the Market Now

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I traded her in today for a plugin hybrid jeep Wrangler to the left. Figured I'd post here as I couldn't find any for sale in the US with these options (2018 GT Premium, Digital Cluster, heated/cooled seats, 20 Inch wheels with no curb rash, Adaptive Cruse, Blind Spot, new Pilot Super Sports (under 1200 miles), Navigation - updated to Sync 3.4, added factory sub, active exhaust and overly maintained. Still has the hood struts and H pipe.

Wish I could keep both. :(

If anyone happens upon this car and gets back to me I'll let them have my Lund E85 tune. I flashed back to stock in case someone were to put 87 octane in the tank. If it hasn't gone to auction, the car should be in the Tampa area as that is the only location that had the build I wanted in Florida.

I've gone from the low and loud to high and silent.

20210425_140356.jpg
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice looking Jeep! I’ve had two 2DR Rubicons and loved them both, especially during the winter months. If I had to think of any cons they would be:

1. The windshield seemed to attract rocks, causing me to replace a total of 4 windshields between the two Jeeps (one just 12 hours after getting it replaced).

2. The rear seat didn’t lock down when lifted up. It just bounded up and down really violently at times. I’ve heard that this has since been addressed.

Mine were 2008 and 2015 year models. I havent ruled out getting into another one someday. Enjoy your new ride!

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I like Jeeps, but hopefully yours is a good one. They're the only vehicle I know of that's put together even worse than the Mustang, lol
LOL, one of my first impressions is the paint and panel alignments are really much better quality on the Jeep. I don't want to admit it's a Chrysler (but neither does Jeep).

The Mustang has a better lux and handling feel for sure. But now I can carry stuff, hold more than two people, and run over things.

Something about the Wrangler 4xe's powertrain is quite amazing. Outside of a Tesla I haven't felt that level of smooth power delivery anywhere else. There is no perception of shifting in the trans. You smash back in the seat and it just keeps going. I'm sure the Mach-e will be even more impressive.

Hope someone gets my car that appreciates it. Break in was done properly, only full synthetic used, always 93 octane or E85, never let the dealer service, etc.

Serious though, will send the Lund tune to the next owner.

Sponsored

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Woof what a downgrade.

Sorry dude.
Some things are a downgrade yes, but no need to be sorry. I'm very familiar with both vehicles and both are high on car enthusiasts' lists.

I was considering the Mach-e as well or getting a used '21 Model X in two years. But I'm wanting more and more to explore the back roads since I can't do 160 MPH on the highway. I was close to going Mach-e.

Hell, if money was no option an AMG G63 Wagon would be a blast. Problem is, I'm not Jay Leno or Doug Demuro.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
LOL, one of my first impressions is the paint and panel alignments are really much better quality on the Jeep. I don't want to admit it's a Chrysler (but neither does Jeep).

The Mustang has a better lux and handling feel for sure. But now I can carry stuff, hold more than two people, and run over things.

Something about the Wrangler 4xe's powertrain is quite amazing. Outside of a Tesla I haven't felt that level of smooth power delivery anywhere else. There is no perception of shifting in the trans. You smash back in the seat and it just keeps going. I'm sure the Mach-e will be even more impressive.

Hope someone gets my car that appreciates it. Break in was done properly, only full synthetic used, always 93 octane or E85, never let the dealer service, etc.

Serious though, will send the Lund tune to the next owner.
To be fair I haven't seen the new generation JL in person, I'm only going off my experiences with the JK. I used to live in Toledo where they make them, so I'm still a fan even if they have questionable reliability, lol. How does the electric system work? Does it have an electric only mode or just a hybrid style assist?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
That is one really fine looking Mustang. Maybe someone here will buy it and put a Whipple on it.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Some things are a downgrade yes, but no need to be sorry. I'm very familiar with both vehicles and both are high on car enthusiasts' lists.

I was considering the Mach-e as well or getting a used '21 Model X in two years. But I'm wanting more and more to explore the back roads since I can't do 160 MPH on the highway. I was close to going Mach-e.

Hell, if money was no option an AMG G63 Wagon would be a blast. Problem is, I'm not Jay Leno or Doug Demuro.

Nah I was just giving you hell but geez coulda at least held put until the Bronco hits the lots?

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Nah I was just giving you hell but geez coulda at least held put until the Bronco hits the lots?
I was considering that. The Bronco Sport even looks cool. I was actually concerned the price on it is so low.

But I'll be staying somewhere in June where I need off-road ability. Plus I really wanted the fully electric capability for daily driving. The hybrid powertrain on the 4xe is really amazing to drive. It's just so smooth, quiet and powerful. It's even hard to tell it's an ICE when running in hybrid mode.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Yikes, a new Fiat (Jeep) with a hybrid powertrain. I hope you have an extended warranty or you plan on selling in a few years. Although I do like the color of both vehicles! New Jeep Wranglers are consistently on the top 10 list of least reliable vehicles. Jeep's reliability died when they stopped using AMC designed motors. Long live the 4.0 I6!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Went from somewhat reliable to POS... Bad move but it's your car.

Bedub76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bret
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I dig it, but then again I have a TJ in the garage to play with. Didn't even realize they made a hybrid version. Enjoy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I like Jeeps, but hopefully yours is a good one. They're the only vehicle I know of that's put together even worse than the Mustang, lol
So much this.....

My '12 and '13 Wranglers were such reliability nightmares I'll never buy another. Bought both new, the '12 had so many issues I punted it after less than a year and gave Jeep another shot when I ordered the '13; dumped it as well around 60K miles after wasting too much of my life taking it in for issue upon issue or driving loaners.

A shame, since I love them. Luckily they have great resale.
Sponsored

Last edited: