Sponsored

Camaro interior vs Mustang interior

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this video the equipment level of that Camaro must be over 50-60k right ? I mean compared to the Mustang that Camaro has an interior that at least looks like it can compete to BMW and Audi on more then just power and exterior looks.

People keep telling me the Mustang is a good bang for the buck car that's why the interior isn't that premium... but how can this Camaro exist if it wouldn't be well over 50k ? I'm just confused.

[ame]
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I think the mustang interior is still above the camaros but can't completely tell until you sit in both
Agreed. Although the gauge cluster looks better than the Mustang, the overall design is below the Mustang. To be honest, I was expecting GM to hit a grand slam with the Camaro's dash and it just does not impress me.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this video the equipment level of that Camaro must be over 50-60k right ? I mean compared to the Mustang that Camaro has an interior that at least looks like it can compete to BMW and Audi on more then just power and exterior looks.

People keep telling me the Mustang is a good bang for the buck car that's why the interior isn't that premium... but how can this Camaro exist if it wouldn't be well over 50k ? I'm just confused.

We don't know pricing and we've only seen one version of the interior. I'll be damned if this interior is available at lower price tags.

Why do you need people to convince you of the Mustang's value? What other car on the market right now offers a comparable set of performance, creature comforts, and amenities? It's a smoking value.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
dont get why even with a large LCD screen with much more possibilites to show data, manufacturers insist on cluttering it with redundant space hogging analog gauges. Need to keep it simple like the RCF and IS F-Sport. Maybe removing the analogs would upset some of the traditionalists. Digitals are so much faster to read when you keep it simple

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
both are nice. i prefer the modern retro style of the mustang's interior. camaro is pretty sweet though but mustang is much more refined to me.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
You'll see the F150 digital display in the '17 Mustang for sure. Ford will have to counter with more digital gauges.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
It's not bad, but I'm not at all convinced that it's better than the Mustang's interior overall. The only thing I liked better is the larger, configurable center LCD display (next to the tach, speedo, etc). I wish Ford had gotten on that with the S550.

I also agree with ForTehNguyen that manufacturers can and should be doing more with that display, though. Even GM. I love [for the most part] what Lexus has done with it.

EDIT: I see my thoughts are mostly in line with what others have said, heh.

X-Plosiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Citroen C3 2010 Exclusive
I just hope if they introduce digital speedmeter...that you can still order car with analog...I never really prefered digital in cars when it comes to showing RPM and speed.

Sponsored

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
I don't like the way the drivers side of the dash creates a huge bubble/hump and then the rest of the dash is flat all the way to the passenger door. Whole interior looks to me like they tried a little too hard. Still has that cheap plastic GM look to it. :ford:

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
dont get why even with a large LCD screen with much more possibilites to show data, manufacturers insist on cluttering it with redundant space hogging analog gauges.
Redundant? Name one car that has two speedometers...

Need to keep it simple like the RCF and IS F-Sport. Maybe removing the analogs would upset some of the traditionalists. Digitals are so much faster to read when you keep it simple
BS. There's no proof to reading 'faster'. What you've shown are simply digital representations of analog gauges anyway.... Keep the Playstation gauges in Japanese cars.

It's like arguing a digital calculator wristwatch is better than a Breitling. Cheap, colorful, and flashy doodads do not mean 'better'.

I guess Pagani, Bugatti, etc all have it wrong...gotta follow 'Lexus':crazy::lol:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Digitals are so much faster to read when you keep it simple
It's been proven many times the human mind can see and comprehend an analog gauge in their periferal vision much better than a digital read out. The local science museum has a section on visual comprehension and one of the displays has you stop a digital display at a particular number as it counts up and then do it with an analog bar graph. You are much closer everytime with the bar graph.

My wife's car has a TFT dash and the speedo is configurable between digital and analog. I absolutely hate the digital speedo, I find it very distracting. The speed dancing back and forth 1 mph constantly draws my attention away from the road. Maybe if they only showed 5 mph increments it wouldn't be so bad. I always have her car set in one of the analog formats when I drive it.

Back in the 80's they started putting digital speedos in cars and the buy public didn't like them and they stopped.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
No, the presence of a center dash display does not indicate a 50K price level. Case in point...

This is the interior on a V6 Challenger that comes in just over 30K

It has both a multi-function display in the center and the large center display.

The only reason GM wouldn't include both is if they're actively trying to force people in a 2SS price point.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO

I am the one who is confused. Every single one of your posts has been a subtle trolling of the Mustang. Not a single positive word, just casual denigration and veiled insults.

Why are you here? Obviously not to gather information for a planned Mustang purchase. Looks to me like you are a bored Euro or GM fanboi.
Sponsored