Calimer cocktail in stock trans ok?

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
So I'm going to be doing a clutch and was curious if I could run the calimer cocktail in a stock trans. Would it be ok or should I just put what ever ford calls for it?
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
So I'm going to be doing a clutch and was curious if I could run the calimer cocktail in a stock trans. Would it be ok or should I just put what ever ford calls for it?
Being your in the 24/7/365 heat zone you'd be best to swap out the OEM gunk for BG Syncro Shift II.
I personally like MOTUL Multi DCTF fluid, it flat out works in subfreezing temps.
Either fluid is as good as it gets for the MT-82.
As mentioned, your climate is why I'd suggest BG SS II vs. Motul DCTF.

Last edited:

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've tried the BG synchro shift but did not like it for hot weather. Perfect until warm and then would get this ridiculous 3rd grind below 3k rpm during mild shifts. Shift above 3k or so and no issues. Happened about 30% of the time.

Swapped to the calimer mix and haven't thought of changing again. Bit higher viscosity than the bg stuff. Make sure your getting the correct fluids though. One of the venders sells it as a kit but the picture is of sever gear gear oil which is gl5.

OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
I've tried the BG synchro shift but did not like it for hot weather. Perfect until warm and then would get this ridiculous 3rd grind below 3k rpm during mild shifts. Shift above 3k or so and no issues. Happened about 30% of the time.

Swapped to the calimer mix and haven't thought of changing again. Bit higher viscosity than the bg stuff. Make sure your getting the correct fluids though. One of the venders sells it as a kit but the picture is of sever gear gear oil which is gl5.
I bought 2 quarts of manual synchromesh 5w30 and 1 quart manual transimission & transaxle gear lube 75w90

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
im in vegas too been running the cocktail for the last 2 years or so no issues and ive been 800+ wheel too.
Sponsored