partswiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Titanium, 2022 Edge ST, 2022 GT CS
Hello All,

After a year of enjoying my GT500, I decided the time was right to sell and move on to something else. I went to my dealer and ordered a 22 GT premium with the California Special package in Rapid Red. You just don't see that many of those out there and I wanted something a little different. Are there any current owners of a '22 CS that would like to talk about their experience with the car and show pics as well? I think it will be a real nice looking car and would like to hear about it from others. Thanks!
Sponsored

numb finger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang GT Premium Convertible California Spe
i ordered mine in Feb. still waiting for delivery
vert gt premium. B&O AE MP

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Still waiting on mine too, Rapid Red, ordered March. I agree, this year the CS is even cooler looking and you just don't see that many around.

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
Waiting here number three. šŸ˜ I didnā€™t order until the end of April.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I saw an Atlas Blue one at a local dealership right after I ordered. It was just as stunning in person as the pictures would lead you to believe. I'm sold on the grille and the interior.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like these bad boys are harder to get than the Shelby's. I believe the original GT500's started with CS edition cars. That gave them their characteristic look and separated them from the herd.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone order a CS with the PP? I think this was the first year.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The original CS borrowed a few parts out of the parts bin from the Shelbys. Same as this one borrowing some parts from a PP1 and Bullitt.

I've seen people who ordered after me get build dates before I did so I've been wondering if they are holding CS for a production batch together. I'm expecting a build in late August, anybody else?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Did anyone order a CS with the PP? I think this was the first year.
It is the first year offered and it looks killer but at $6K it just isn't worth it. My 2017 was great at $1K. I'd consider it a good deal at the old price of $1K-$2K where it used to be but above that there just isn't enough of a difference to be worthwhile in my opinion. Also, PP shocks really sucked.

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is the first year offered and it looks killer but at $6K it just isn't worth it. My 2017 was great at $1K. I'd consider it a good deal at the old price of $1K-$2K where it used to be but above that there just isn't enough of a difference to be worthwhile in my opinion. Also, PP shocks really sucked.
The brakes alone are over 3K. For what is added it is a pretty good value. Most people will never need it for a cruiser, but for the track guys it is a must. The PP shocks are track shocks so they suck as a DD, that's why we have magnaride.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
I have a ā€˜22 CS. Itā€™s in the Atlas Blue pics thread.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The brakes alone are over 3K. For what is added it is a pretty good value. Most people will never need it for a cruiser, but for the track guys it is a must. The PP shocks are track shocks so they suck as a DD, that's why we have magnaride.
Respectfully, I disagree. The Brembo brakes are better for track use but won't net you an actual improvement on the street, however they can be added for about $1200 if you need. The shocks are nowhere close to track duty and leave you skipping over bumps and feeling unsettled in many situations, they would be much better replaced by the Ford Performance/Shelby monotubes or the Bilsteins. I enjoyed the lower gears and slightly stiffer suspension at the old price I just don't feel like you get $6K worth of improvement for what it is. Your mileage may vary of course but I highly recommend driving both before making a decision.

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
CS ordered 01/15/22 supposed to be built next week, we will see after 8 email delays. No PP, will do my own. Atlas Blue with the A10.