Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I know, but I want the nice cool lights - not some second thought "export lights" :D
I actually prefer the export lights on the sn95 and New Edge cars. But they aren't cheap. Since the car was planned to be a world car from the beginning, I have a feeling they will come out real nice.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I agree also. So people need to stop being butts because someone likes C&D's rendering over one of our own's depiction of it even if they know it isn't as good looking. I love the look of C&D's rendering Chaz is a really nice guy and I mean no offense but what I've been trying to say is that if I had to choose which car to okay for production I'd allow the great sleek looking C&D rendering. Chaz's rendering looks like the design style from 2003-2007 era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's funny to read this when the CD render has two year old hood vents on it.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
It's funny to read this when the CD render has two year old hood vents on it.
I don't see why they couldn't still use vents on a totally new car. They looked good on the 13-14. I would imagine they would look just as good on the 2015. Although I do see what your saying in the reply in regards to his comment.

GTsquid

So, I think we're clear that when C&D said they were "leaking" the new Mustang, they were talking about the details they reveal in the text. The accompanied the text with some plausible-looking renders to make the casual newsstand browser think the pics themselves were part of the leak. Tsk, tsk...

At this point, the front clip isn't going to be TOO much of a surprise; the spy shots were too good. But the rear quarter is wrong to me in one clear way: the shots of the interior we saw a couple of weeks ago indicated that the bottom of the quarter windows doesn't curve up like the ones in these renders; the bottom is less curved.

It's a relatively small detail, but has a huge impact on the side profile.
True but their details are even worse than the render speculation. It's just a mishmash of every single rumor we've heard over the last year and change. There wasn't a single piece of new or more credible info in there that I can see.

The renders have to be getting close and it would be foolish to think they didn't work off of the spy photos or chaz's renders in some way. By no means a leak tho. There's too many leftover S197 cues on there.

Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
True but their details are even worse than the render speculation. It's just a mishmash of every single rumor we've heard over the last year and change. There wasn't a single piece of new or more credible info in there that I can see.

The renders have to be getting close and it would be foolish to think they didn't work off of the spy photos or chaz's renders in some way. By no means a leak tho. There's too many leftover S197 cues on there.

This, 1000x over. Can we make this a sticky? :headbonk:

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I don't see why they couldn't still use vents on a totally new car. They looked good on the 13-14. I would imagine they would look just as good on the 2015. Although I do see what your saying in the reply in regards to his comment.
I think the point was not that there are vents/heat extractors -- the point is that they are vents/heat extractors off of a 13/14. They are the same vents.

Sally5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT 89 Foxbody LX
P1010089.jpg

Remember this rendering from CD back in Nov 2012. Looks like they have come along way with the new leak..
20131029_102229_resized.jpg

StangFX

P1010089.jpg

Remember this rendering from CD back in Nov 2012. Looks like they have come along way with the new leak..
Lol well they did upgrade it from quite possibly to almost definitely..... "95% of the time it works every time." :headbonk:

DJ

They had me at '500 horsepower 5.0 Coyote'. That car is one solid axle swap from being perfect. If this is true, and a N/A Coyote makes 100hp/liter, I won't even put a CAI kit on it.
Why not just buy a 12-13 Boss302 then? sounds like that's what you really want anyway. We've heard a few ppl say the S550 GT is going to basically be like the B302 in performance/handling. if you're still stuck on the solid axle I can't see why the new styling would sway you that much to buy it and swap out the IRS.

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Why not just buy a 12-13 Boss302 then? sounds like that's what you really want anyway. We've heard a few ppl say the S550 GT is going to basically be like the B302 in performance/handling. if you're still stuck on the solid axle I can't see why the new styling would sway you that much to buy it and swap out the IRS.
Not only that, but unless Ford kept the huge tunnel for the driveline -- which would make zero sense with the static driveline in an IRS car, a solid axle swap is going to be expensive and need a lot of fab work.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and

groundnpounder

Not only that, but unless Ford kept the huge tunnel for the driveline -- which would make zero sense with the static driveline in an IRS car, a solid axle swap is going to be expensive and need a lot of fab work.
Exactly. Plenty of wonderful Mustangs with solid axles for the last 50 years to chose from too. Can't understand why anyone would do this. Doesn't look like it's gonna be much (if any) smaller or lighter or much more powerful. Only reason I can think of is more tech/features, a new design, and better handling which is hopefully where the IRS comes in.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
It's funny how many people believe this is the real deal, and you can't tell them any different. Was telling a guy on svtperformance that the C&D photo isn't what the 15 is going to look like, and that Chaz's rendering is more accurate, even told him this was confirmed by someone who had seen the car. He still continues to argue with me and tell me that he trust C&D's word over some guy on the internet...lol, some people.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
P1010089.jpg

LOL!!! They were closer the first time!

Merge these two C&D renders together...

and they get closer to this...

Sponsored