Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Someone found the artist credited. Quite a talented and successful 3D artist.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
oops...

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
LOL, Ok if everyone keeps posting the Astons, I am going to have to excuse myself for some alone time.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Ooooh! Now I get it. Just like TampaBear's Chevy and GTO comparison.
The ONLY THING I was talking about was the Quarter Panels on the Car and Driver Rendering because of it's lack of any real Hips. The C&D Render just looks too soft and doughy. As I said previously, the ONLY thing I prefer on their Render over Chaz's is the two body lines running down the side. I love the Depth of the Lower one and the Angle of the upper one, but like Chaz's it just needed to stop a little behind the door, not half way over the wheel and should have picked back up behind the wheel.

Sponsored

Johnster

Threads
Reaction score
While it is a great looking car, this is probably the most timid, and therefore disappointing Mustang restyle ever. Before, the Mustang always was a unique design that didn't really look like anything else, (except the 2005 5th gen which referenced previous Mustangs). This car could be called several things: Mini-Aston-Martin, 2-door Fusion, or even heavily influenced by the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero coupe (look it up). I only hope the real car looks better, and possibly somehow more original and bold than these renderings.

Mriley

While it is a great looking car, this is probably the most timid, and therefore disappointing Mustang restyle ever. Before, the Mustang always was a unique design that didn't really look like anything else, (except the 2005 5th gen which referenced previous Mustangs). This car could be called several things: Mini-Aston-Martin, 2-door Fusion, or even heavily influenced by the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero coupe (look it up). I only hope the real car looks better, and possibly somehow more original and bold than these renderings.
Need to brush up on your Mustang history. It's been repeated many times over... like it or not, a shared corporate face is nothing new for the Mustang. It's happened in more than one generation and they sold just fine.

People also need to stop with this 2-door Fusion crap. We're well beyond that. Maybe some of the earlier renders, but Chaz's renders or this C&D one are distinctly and unmistakably Mustang. If you can't recognize it as a Mustang, then I would suggest you don't know what a Mustang looks like.

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
The Alero? Besides the poorly watered-down Aurora styling of a dying car brand, all I can remember of the Alero are the ludicrously oversized bug-eyed taillights on that car. Even after googling it, I don't see the connection. At all. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Welcome to the forum, Johnster.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I've been hating on the upturned rear on the C&D render and less than thrilled by Chaz's rear end, then it hit me. The rear that insiders live so much? Inspired by the 67-68 car with a higher centre portion. And instead of upturned edges on the 67, we have wide hips aka Aston. Thought of this way, both renders could be merged.

Thunderbuck

Threads
Reaction score
So, I think we're clear that when C&D said they were "leaking" the new Mustang, they were talking about the details they reveal in the text. The accompanied the text with some plausible-looking renders to make the casual newsstand browser think the pics themselves were part of the leak. Tsk, tsk...

At this point, the front clip isn't going to be TOO much of a surprise; the spy shots were too good. But the rear quarter is wrong to me in one clear way: the shots of the interior we saw a couple of weeks ago indicated that the bottom of the quarter windows doesn't curve up like the ones in these renders; the bottom is less curved.

It's a relatively small detail, but has a huge impact on the side profile.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Tell you what, meet me at Chevy & we'll go take a test drive do we can both say we've driven the C7.

I've driven all other platforms of the Vette since C3. I'd choose the current Mustang over any of the Vettes as a daily driver, or as you put it, all-around car.

If I bought one for road course-only use, it'd be the Vette. I'd choose the Mustang over the Vette for the dragstrip every day!
I've been in a new vette as well, you can't compare it to any other vette previously made. Will just agree to disagree.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Extremely fun to drive :amen:
Very fun to drive. In fact, I'm driving one tomorrow and a 1.0. And another fun to drive car...
I've been trying to figure out a way to make the ST a daily driver and park the Mustang more. It wouldn't be that bad. After a few drives/rides, I'm sold. The ST is the modern hot hatch.
Sponsored