Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
I just had to chime in on this. The C&D article absolutely stinks all around.

1) leaks don't happen in the form of renders
2) "almost definitely" Seriously? Why would a "LEAK" be almost definitely anything?
3) Notice they do not claim to have any more info than already exists. In fact they are likely working off info from places like this that originated the CAD file images.
4) As mentioned, not only is this not a leak of the S550, but C&D and the artist were so lazy they didn't even match up the brake caliper placement. Also clearly leftover S197 parts all over the place.
5) It has been said left and right and bears repeating, those who know, know that Chaz's renders are the closest we have. Devil is in the details and C&D's is lacking big time. The smooth roof should be clue #1.
6) Forget the powertrain details. They are blind guesses hoping one of the darts hits the board. The real "leak" was here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899

That is your 2015 Mustang lineup. Everything else is just fantasy, including their render.

Oh and my favorite part...

7) the icing on the cake ---- "Some guy's gonna get fired for this" as if C&D itself didn't hire the artist and work with him on that render. They pulled every trick in the book didn't they? Yellow journalism at its finest.
Exactamundo, totally agree with your points.

Speakin of the survey, I just saw that Autoblog and a few other sites mentioned the surveys posted here.
Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
With regard to the hips, they can mean either or both. AFAIK the 2015 only has hips that project out from the side. Looking at the pic of the Aston, the 2015 Mustang looks to be cut from the same cloth as that rear end, just tamed.
Glad to hear.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Saw the magazine...page 42-45
No interior renders... just the outside

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
It will always be a matter of personal preference, but the CandD rear looks really huge and the rear glass isn't as fast-back-y. It also looks too S197-y. They look closer overlaid than they do apart. I've laid mine over the spy shots repeatedly, there is definately more front end projecting past the front wheels than the CandD shows.

CandD looks stubby here, Smaller, yes, but stubby.

Mine looks sleeker, more modern, to me. Still has the classic Mustang character, but more refined.

Again. interpretation is a game of inches, be wrong just a little, and the whole thing looks off.
CnDnMe.gif

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
It will always be a matter of personal preference, but the CandD rear looks really huge and the rear glass isn't as fast-back-y. It also looks too S197-y. They look closer overlaid than they do apart. I've laid mine over the spy shots repeatedly, there is definately more front end projecting past the front wheels than the CandD shows.

CandD looks stubby here, Smaller, yes, but stubby.

Mine looks sleeker, more modern, to me. Still has the classic Mustang character, but more refined.

Again. interpretation is a game of inches, be wrong just a little, and the whole thing looks off.
Is the 2015 model going to look "fastback-y" ???:shrug:

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
The C&D side render looks as good as Chaz's right up to the B pillar. From there Chaz takes it hands down, although to be honest I'm still not feeling the rear of this car. Maybe it's a Ford thing, because it's the least attractive part of my Boss too.
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.53.35 AM.png

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
I love the C&D "leak" I know it's not been overlapped over the spy shots but I saw one sketch that had been laid over the spy shot and it actually managed to have those awesome headlamps. I hope the C&D is real!! The other rendering is too edgy and kinda looks blah from the front. C&D has a more professional and well built sort of look but I guess we will have to wait about a month or so till the reveal.
Also look at this rendering flaw I found. In the first picture is the render's bison of where the left headlamp ends on the side of the body but I'll draw where it actually ends to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Mine looks sleeker, more modern, to me. Still has the classic Mustang character, but more refined...
Exactly right Chaz. More 'sleek' and 'refined' really describe the difference from the C&D render and the S197. I sure hope the 2015 reflects that in person.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
The C&D side render looks as good as Chaz's right up to the B pillar. From there Chaz takes it hands down, although to be honest I'm still not feeling the rear of this car. Maybe it's a Ford thing, because it's the least attractive part of my Boss too.
I agree. The 13-14's nailed the rear esp..with the taillights.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would choose C&D's more rounded, professional looking, better looking build quality, futuristic rendering on the 2015 Mustang?

Sponsored

J.Darcy

Also C&D used the same S197 roof. It's going to be more raked than that and Chaz's render accounts for that.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
Exactly right Chaz. More 'sleek' and 'refined' really describe the difference from the C&D and the S197. I sure hope the 2015 reflects that in person.
I'm sorry but that rendering looks more like something that we've already been through. Like the 2005 era of edgy design.

KZStang

Am I the only one who would choose C&D's more rounded, professional looking, better looking build quality, futuristic rendering on the 2015 Mustang?

I believe you're confusing more realistic lighting and overall life-likeness to more attractive. Then again, everyone's opinion differs so maybe not. To me, the C&D render looks like a real car. So much so that many think they're looking at an actual photograph. Chazcron's render, while also very life-like is obviously a render.

Point being, a real car is always going to look better and when we see chazcron's rendering in real life, produced by Ford in all its metallic glory, it will be that much better.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

Maybe. I'd take it's headlights, shorter front overhang and the crease lines from the hood to the nose, but otherwise I prefer Chaz's.