Buying these Ford Performance Wheels for my Mach 1

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I checked the math and it took my a few minutes to get my head around this. But now I get it. Not sure if "true" square is essential where wheels/tires are perfectly straight with the front spacer (and the front can cope with being out by 22mm than normal?) or just use the same 10.5/305-30 all round with same 24mm offset but the rear are staggered. The goal for me is to have all the same wheels so that I only take 1 spare to the track and not two.
Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
But I also note Tosha said about excessive poke. I have the 325 on the 11" on the rear and it works out okay but that's 5mm more than the designed 315 so 22mm may be too much.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
just use the same 10.5/305-30 all round with same 24mm offset but the rear are staggered.
Sorry, that doesn't make sense)))

The goal for me is to have all the same wheels so that I only take 1 spare to the track and not two.
It's a great idea in theory that won't work in practice.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
But I also note Tosha said about excessive poke. I have the 325 on the 11" on the rear and it works out okay but that's 5mm more than the designed 315 so 22mm may be too much.
You are mixing up offset with tire width

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll need a spacer with extended studs if the rear 11” goes on the front. Reread my response, I edited it with some links that will help.

This is correct information, as to poke who gives a flying. Just makes the car look more aggressive and planted.

Was going to do 11s for square but backed out because not a fan of the spacer, so we remain staggered.

Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, that doesn't make sense)))

It's a great idea in theory that won't work in practice.
You are mixing up offset with tire width
Surely it plays a part in the poking out? So if I use a wider tire (same wheel) it pokes out 1/2 the difference of the width of tire? e.g. 325 wide tire sticks out 5mm more than the 315.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
If you want properly rotatable setup for 305 tires, set of 11 wheels with 50-52 offset, 25mm spacers and extended studs on fronts is pretty much the only right answer. Tons of good lightweight options out there in the same price range - LMR, Steeda Trident, Apex and etc. Apex announced some great discounts for next week, I'm really tempted to get a set of 18 inch wheels from them for myself.
Correct on the 11” @ 52mm offset (305/30 tires) with 25mm spacer for front with extended studs. I have 2 sets of the HP wheels but those Apex wheels got me drooling.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
This is correct information, as to poke who gives a flying. Just makes the car look more aggressive and planted.

Was going to do 11s for square but backed out because not a fan of the spacer, so we remain staggered.
Yes, NEVER a fan of spacers myself. This will probably get some negative response with the cars that run spacers but to each their own. Also to get hammered on the “it came staggered, it will stay staggered” thought process. I will be staggered as long as I own the Mach1.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
@ tosh
"The goal for me is to have all the same wheels so that I only take 1 spare to the track and not two"

That is/was solved right here V
https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes
I'm sure it's not the best idea to use it on road course 😄 . As long as I understand it correctly, he wants to have one spare for track use in case one of the weels gets shot. Technically you can do this with true square setup, but managing even wear on 5 wheels over time will be a real pita. Yes, one can say who gives a **** about it and still run it, but it will surely affect handling characteristics.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Surely it plays a part in the poking out? So if I use a wider tire (same wheel) it pokes out 1/2 the difference of the width of tire? e.g. 325 wide tire sticks out 5mm more than the 315.
I'm sorry if my ESL is a barrier, but I think you need to read this: https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/what-is-wheel-offset#:~:text=Wheel offset refers to how,even body parts, like fenders.
Wider tires would surely have effect on overall dimensions but it's secondary compared to how offset affects everything.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure it's not the best idea to use it on road course 😄 . As long as I understand it correctly, he wants to have one spare for track use in case one of the weels gets shot. Technically you can do this with true square setup, but managing even wear on 5 wheels over time will be a real pita. Yes, one can say who gives a **** about it and still run it, but it will surely affect handling characteristics.
Not saying that the wheel is for tracking the car, only a means to get home. Misread your intent,

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Not saying that the wheel is for tracking the car, only a means to get home. Misread your intent,
I think it's @IanKar 's intent actually :) I looked back at my reply post to him and I see how it may look confusing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if the intent is to limp home from the track where one wheel has been damaged and/or tire is shot (and the other 3 aren't?) then any size spare will do regardless of it's width as long as the rolling diameter is basically the same. So eg. a 265/35/19 on a 9.5" wide rim could work on an otherwise 305/30/19 shod car. Recommended? No, but doable.

If you're intending to go to the track and have a "matching" spare (might as well carry 2, you know) then standardizing on 19x11et50-52 with long studs and 25mm spacer on hand, is the only correct answer.

Pedant, perhaps but 305/30 tires on all 4 corners and wheels that are 10.5F and 11R isn't really "staggered".
Sponsored