Burble Tunes

Soulja4187

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2018 Lexus IS300 F Sport & 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
My 16 did this stock when I put on the Roush axlebacks. It is more pronounced now with the power pack 2 kit. It never pops or bangs just burbles when coasting to a light In gear.
I dont see a problem when a car does a pop here and there or has a slight burble. What the issue is people adding these dumb tunes that makes these noise at their request and annoying as they are very loud

Advertisement

Kong76

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yea I agree. Mine doesn't sound repulsive. Just a low burble. I saw the vid. I would Not want that at all.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
My 16 did this stock when I put on the Roush axlebacks. It is more pronounced now with the power pack 2 kit. It never pops or bangs just burbles when coasting to a light In gear.
That's exactly what my Charger's active exhaust does in track mode. When you gently let off the throttle it makes some burbles. Very nice sound for a stock exhaust.

Echo4papa

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
That's exactly what my Charger's active exhaust does in track mode. When you gently let off the throttle it makes some burbles. Very nice sound for a stock exhaust.
My 2019 GT w/Active exhaust and resonator delete/H pipe is the same. Perfect sounding exhaust.

Troutwrangler

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
So I first heard of a burble tune about 15 minutes ago when I clicked onto this thread....
I went to YouTube to see what the hype is about and try to educate myself.
I watched 3 different burble tune videos put out by what appeared to be 3 different boy band members with BMWs and Subarus.
After I throwing up a little bit in my mouth, I came back here to learn everything I need to know about burble tunes from my Mustang peers....

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
My 2019 GT w/Active exhaust and resonator delete/H pipe is the same. Perfect sounding exhaust.
Yeah, my buddy had to do a catback to get his 16 where he wanted. The stock exhaust was just quiet. The gen3's are better sorted from the factory, but the resonater holds them back. I'd love to see Ford offer a factory X/H piped exhaust instead of the big ass suitcase. They could sell it as an overpriced option :crackup:

ChromaticGrey

Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I asked if I could get just a few pops on shifts(Not a burble tune, just a few pops, like for a quarter second), he(Alex) refused because it "makes the car run like shit". I took his advice. Car runs great. I'd like more pops, but realistically, if it's not good for the car, i'm fine with that.

Edit: Also, to be honest, I realized it has the right kind of "popping" on 6000+ shifts, I just cant hear it in the cabin. I would like a tiny bit more, but not at the expense of not being right for the car.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I can’t imagine that these so called “tunes” are good for the engine internally when used long term....

Might as well bring back the spark plugs screwed into end of tailpipes, hooked to ignition and dumping of raw fuel to create the flamethrowers....

Soulja4187

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2018 Lexus IS300 F Sport & 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
Which H pipe did you put in. Also any sound clips on how it sounds with different exhaust modes. Will ford deny my warranty on the engine or active exhaust?

Thanks
David

Last edited:
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I can’t imagine that these so called “tunes” are good for the engine internally when used long term....

Might as well bring back the spark plugs screwed into end of tailpipes, hooked to ignition and dumping of raw fuel to create the flamethrowers....
Exactly it. These types of "tunes" rely on severe timing retard. Too much retard can be bad for your engine as well as too much advance.

17Magnetic5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Burble? More like crackle. I had to look this is up as my mustang does actually burble like a V8 should on the factory tune. It’s definitely not this crackle, it’s a low V8 burble as you down shift.

I can’t believe ricers are really calling this a burble tune. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

beetle6986

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
My car does occasionally have what sounds like a backfire between shifts. Mostly when running it hard. Does anybody else have this? It did it with the Roush tune and with the current VMP tune.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 5

Advertisement