Sponsored

Bumper creased....ego bruised

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
So I let my car roll into a poll. It scratched and creased the rear bumper cover and rear valance. The valance will have to be replaced....FYI, it is a $1000 part from Ford. Geez, I feel dumb.

Question....would you have the rear bumper cover fixed to retain original part or would you buy a new bumper cover and have that painted. Either way, bumper cover has to come off an get painted. Also, I think I can get parts at cost, so that is helpful.

Your thoughts and recommendations are very much appreciated.
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
My suggestion:

Do NOT report it to your insurance company. Pay it yourself, if possible, and get the bumper cover fixed, (not replaced).

CVCashmere

So I let my car roll into a poll. It scratched and creased the rear bumper cover and rear valance. The valance will have to be replaced....FYI, it is a $1000 part from Ford. Geez, I feel dumb.

Question....would you have the rear bumper cover fixed to retain original part or would you buy a new bumper cover and have that painted. Either way, bumper cover has to come off an get painted. Also, I think I can get parts at cost, so that is helpful.

Your thoughts and recommendations are very much appreciated.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I don't know. I've heard that some Polish people can be pretty tough! :headbonk:

Seriously though, I think the advice about keeping it from your insurance company is smart. No need to have that in the car's history should you decided to sell it later.

OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I jumped out of my car to help my wife with the garbage can and I left the car in neutral and it rolled back into a darn metal pole.

Oh, I pay all repairs less than 3k or so out of pocket....no issue there. I am just trying to decide if I should repair or replace the bumper cover.

Sponsored

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
Depends nohow bad the crease is whether you should repair or replace the cover. Pics please.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Have you tried Paintless dent repair? They work with plastic painted panels also. I'd find the top guy in your area and send them pictures to see if they can possibly repair it.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Check again. That valence is more like $3900.00.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check again. That valence is more like $3900.00.
I got quote from dealer and body shop for a thousand for the valance by itself...not sure what you are pricing...can you share a link?

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I've definitely been there, i felt a pang in my heart when I read your post. I hope you can get it fixed soon!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Don't know if you have stripes but if so your talking about $500.00 for the two stripes on back fascia from Ford. I know had to have my back fascia repainted under warranty cause it had a scrape during delivery on the 2016 I had before trading it for a 2017. The body shop had to replace both stripes on fascia and Ford told me that was about the cost just for those two replacement stripes.

OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know if you have stripes but if so your talking about $500.00 for the two stripes on back fascia from Ford. I know had to have my back fascia repainted under warranty cause it had a scrape during delivery on the 2016 I had before trading it for a 2017. The body shop had to replace both stripes on fascia and Ford told me that was about the cost just for those two replacement stripes.
Yep, you called it. $208 for the bumper only. Thank gosh they sell the stripe kit in sections.
Sponsored