Sponsored

Bullitt with Magneride vs without Magneride

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I had a 2015 gt with the performance package. Think the same suspension as a non magnaride bullitt.
Comfortable, but not not even close as far as handling as a magnaride car. Guess it depends on how you want to drive it.
Magnaride gives you comfort...and control....handling
Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I had a 2015 gt with the performance package. Think the same suspension as a non magnaride bullitt.
Comfortable, but not not even close as far as handling as a magnaride car. Guess it depends on how you want to drive it.
Magnaride gives you comfort...and control....handling
I lean towards handling. Owned 3 Miatas. One built to autocross.
Loved how the bullitt felt and handled...but not enough. I put the ford racing magnaride kit on it. For me....perfect.

VolsLover94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Bullitt K2149
I think you can add Magneride after the fact or aftermarket clone but it would never be as cheap as the factory option was originally... approximately $1600, I think. Keep on grabbing 3rd gear!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; watched a TV show about the magneride. The mechanics were replacing all four struts on a GM vehicle. They drained some of the fluid from an old on and showed how it responds to electric inputs.
My take was the four replacement struts (shocks) were expensive. Add to this that there will be electric connections at each wheel area which can fail. If I were making the choice it would be the non-mangneride car.

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Hello; watched a TV show about the magneride. The mechanics were replacing all four struts on a GM vehicle. They drained some of the fluid from an old on and showed how it responds to electric inputs.
My take was the four replacement struts (shocks) were expensive. Add to this that there will be electric connections at each wheel area which can fail. If I were making the choice it would be the non-mangneride car.
These were exactly my thoughts when I ordered my first Bullitt, my second Bullitt has Magneride and despite not being perfect I’m glad I’ve got it, mainly for the smoother ride in normal mode.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I drove a Magneride and a non magneride car, bought the non magneride. If you could select the setting independent of drive mode (as you can exhaust and steering) I may have been willing, but I am completely content with the stock setup, as will be my wallet for maintenance and repairs. Simple is better.

The Steeda IRS and Front bracing made a huge difference especially with front end lift.
Sponsored