Bullitt Steering Wheel

pht9vf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
paddytee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This morning I swapped out the stock steering wheel for the GT350 wheel. Sort of paying homage to the '68 as the movie car had a shelby wheel. Thoughts?
IMG_2806.JPG
Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Very nice! How much was the conversion? Did you have the dealer do the work, or swap it yourself?

Is the GT350 steering wheel the same diameter as the Bullitt,'s or slightly smaller ?

geobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon XR8
Looks awesome. I thought the GT350 wheel didnt fit the 2018+ Mustangs? Did you have any issues?

OP
OP
pht9vf

pht9vf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
paddytee
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I swapped it out myself. Super easy. Took about 45mins only because you need to switch the controls out (volume, cruise, etc.) and chrome covers. Here's the link to the part I used: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-st...and-alcantara-black-black-2018-2019/p/STW138/

If you order a gt350 wheel make sure it is for the 18-19 year models. The 15-17 years will not fit.

$390.00 total.

When you grip the 350 wheel you'll notice it feels much thicker. Otherwise the size feels the same given its a different shape. The 350 wheel is a "D" shape.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I personally don't like alcantara because it doesn't wear very well and requires maintenance. The oils in your hands will eventually cause the fuzzy parts to get matted down and the only way to get it back is with a bunch of scrubbing (or constantly wear gloves). To each their own though, I know it's a popular mod and lots of enthusiasts from all brands go crazy for the stuff so I'm probably in the minority, but I'm definitely sticking with leather.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I personally don't like alcantara because it doesn't wear very well and requires maintenance. The oils in your hands will eventually cause the fuzzy parts to get matted down and the only way to get it back is with a bunch of scrubbing (or constantly wear gloves). To each their own though, I know it's a popular mod and lots of enthusiasts from all brands go crazy for the stuff so I'm probably in the minority, but I'm definitely sticking with leather.
The last thing I want is for my steering wheel to look like my Surface Pro keyboard. Eww

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Yes it requires quite a bit of maintenance unless you wear gloves...LOL I had this on my Boss and gt350 and I use to clean it every now and then with a soft toothbrush and water only. It really attracts a lot of dirt.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
This morning I swapped out the stock steering wheel for the GT350 wheel. Sort of paying homage to the '68 as the movie car had a shelby wheel. Thoughts?
IMG_2806.JPG
Why not have one made by LMR with green stitching and top green leather strip?? Total Bullitt theme! That’s what I’m doing!!!!

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Why not have one made by LMR with green stitching and top green leather strip?? Total Bullitt theme! That’s what I’m doing!!!!
We need pics when you get it on!

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Red Raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red S550
I swapped it out myself. Super easy. Took about 45mins only because you need to switch the controls out (volume, cruise, etc.) and chrome covers. Here's the link to the part I used: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-st...and-alcantara-black-black-2018-2019/p/STW138/

If you order a gt350 wheel make sure it is for the 18-19 year models. The 15-17 years will not fit.

$390.00 total.

When you grip the 350 wheel you'll notice it feels much thicker. Otherwise, the size feels the same given its a different shape. The 350 wheel is a "D" shape.
The wheel now says $699, must have gone up.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The wheel now says $699, must have gone up.
It didn't 'go up'; somebody jacked up the price to make a killing at our expense. Ha ha. But not from me :D. I had only one Alcantara steering wheel on a Porsche, and never again. It looked great when new, but that was it (especially in hot TX). I like the wheel shape of the GT350 (should have been like that on the Bullitt), but Alcantara is a deal-breaker, unfortunately. And so is that new price, so a double whammy. Ha ha.