Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Finally got around to doing it.

Tried it through the wheel well, but because my jack stands are too tall for the car (I need to get low profile ones or something), that was no go.

So out the airbox went. Holy buckets, what a PITA this job was for me. Arguably my hands are larger. I snugged things out.
But the way it is designed for the bracket to hang and with one hand you have to hold the dual horn assembly (which is pretty heavy actually) AND screw in the single bolt at the same time, that's the killer right there.

Tested before putting everything together, works great. Finally it doesn't sound like a clown car!
$41.41 after tax from dealer after price match, about 2 hours of work (yes, that long) and plenty of @#*&$% uttered along the way.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Finally got around to doing it.

Tried it through the wheel well, but because my jack stands are too tall for the car (I need to get low profile ones or something), that was no go.

So out the airbox went. Holy buckets, what a PITA this job was for me. Arguably my hands are larger. I snugged things out.
But the way it is designed for the bracket to hang and with one hand you have to hold the dual horn assembly (which is pretty heavy actually) AND screw in the single bolt at the same time, that's the killer right there.

Tested before putting everything together, works great. Finally it doesn't sound like a clown car!
$41.41 after tax from dealer after price match, about 2 hours of work (yes, that long) and plenty of @#*&$% uttered along the way.
1624036258726.gif

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey. I'll take it. Even though there's a hint of sarcasm, imma ignore that and bask in the glory of a nice gif. :)
Nope, no sarcasm intended, really (who me :giggle: ). Seriously, I'm glad you got it done, by yourself, and saved a few bucks along the way. :like::)
Sponsored