Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Man that’s sexy! Everything is nice and clean and it looks like it sounds good. I’m looking forward to the video.
Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I can remember watching the opening scenes of Lemans and the first 5 minutes of the movie was him driving his 911 around the French countryside. I was immediately addicted and wanted one. Not a Turbo like everybody else, but the plain simple pure car. I was 10, and always hoped, and in 2010 it became a possibility. A neighbor had a 76 sitting in his yard for years, and I managed to get it from him and took 5 years to restore doing all the work myself with the exception of rebuilding the heads and the final bodywork and paint. I ALMOST did a tribute to the Lemans Color (flat grey on black interior) but the car told me it wanted to be back in factory color. Is a pure Joy.

IMG_20200409_130701259_HDR.jpg

912E.jpg
Steve, your Porsche is stunning. Congrats BUT there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between how the Bullitt chase scene impacted on some of us to how to how that Porsche scene impacted on you. cheers

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Steve, your Porsche is stunning. Congrats BUT there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between how the Bullitt chase scene impacted on some of us to how to how that Porsche scene impacted on you. cheers
Touche! Steve McQueen is king! LOL I'm gonna go watch the Bullitt chase scene and pray for forgiveness 🤣

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've noticed your contribution in another post. I bet you get all kinds of looks with the Bullitt in Europe.
I've lived in Czech Rep until my late teens when I went to college in the US. I showed my parents my Bulllitt and then they saw one in Czech and said that in Europe it looks even more imposing and brutal than it does here. Cool!

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes yes yes. In europe was impossible to get a car like this , manual, atmospheric/aspirated , V8 , rear wheel drive at 58.000 euros ( Despite quite big difference with USA). Its going to be unique in the following years....

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Europe is not going to be a nice place for cars like ours¡¡¡

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
Mid 50s..... 2019 Bullitt....My father, 78, just bought a brand new GT500....to add to his 2015 Hellcat, and ZL1, and 2013 GT500.....I aspire to his garage!

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Responding to both quotes - of course not everyone bought it for that reason. I made a broad assumption on that. I grew up with "Gone in 60 seconds," so the "Eleanor" used to be a dream car of mine. Also being from Europe, Mustangs were always a symbol of America to me.

I bought for the very similar reasons, the blend of subdued looks, no loud badges or colors, power, equipment, uniqueness, and mainly the exhaust (one of the reasons I pulled the trigger) were the ones for me.
I was aware of the movie and the homage this model/trim pays, but it played very little role in my purchase/decision.
Ditto. While I certainly don’t mind the movie connection because of that mother of all chase scenes at its heart, I would have preferred it if the Bullitt badges were fewer or more subdued.

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ditto. While I certainly don’t mind the movie connection because of that mother of all chase scenes at its heart, I would have preferred it if the Bullitt badges were fewer or more subdued.
Check out American Muscle or CJpony websites, they both sell clean decklid panels for the cars, you can remove it and have it clean and keep your Bullitt one stored somewhere.
Thought about doing this, but, wife said not to mess with it. And wife isn't into cars at all, but she got excited about the Bullitt and likes to drive it, so I want to nurture her new interest in cars. If I start modding too much I might inadvertently nip that in the bud. :)

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
It's not a '19/'20, but I've been a Bullitt owner since 2009 when I was 36. My '08 (only Mustang I've ever bought new) has been way more than just a car. I've met many friends because of the Bullitt community. I was really excited when they announced the '19/'20 run. Finding a used '19 was on the top of my list when I decided to get another Mustang, but I found a really good deal on a supercharged '18 Roush. As far as community, the average age at the Bullitt events is typically in the 55-70 range. There has always been representation from every age group, though. I'm already signed up for the Bullitt Nationals in Boise, Idaho later this year and am looking forward to seeing everyone again. It's always a good time!
Where are you located in KS?

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Check out American Muscle or CJpony websites, they both sell clean decklid panels for the cars, you can remove it and have it clean and keep your Bullitt one stored somewhere.
Thought about doing this, but, wife said not to mess with it. And wife isn't into cars at all, but she got excited about the Bullitt and likes to drive it, so I want to nurture her new interest in cars. If I start modding too much I might inadvertently nip that in the bud. :)
I'm actually not that bugged by the logo on the back. It's the one on the steering wheel that I wish were more subtle yet somehow still unique to the Bullitt as it's more in your face - literally!
Sponsored

Last edited: