Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

Slamson00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Not going to touch mine. It’s perfect stock for me and how I like to cruise/drive now at this point in my life.

I had a 98 Cobra before the Bullitt, and I modded the suspension and dropped it to the point the stance was amazing and it handled like it was on rails, but it was also uncomfortable to cruise in and it was so low I couldn’t drive on half the roads I wanted too because it threw sparks scraping pavement all the time. I’ll never do that again.

Going to enjoy the Bullitt just as she sits. She is perfect for me. But I do love seeing how others mod their Bullitts to what they like.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not going to touch mine. It’s perfect stock for me and how I like to cruise/drive now at this point in my life.

I had a 98 Cobra before the Bullitt, and I modded the suspension and dropped it to the point the stance was amazing and it handled like it was on rails, but it was also uncomfortable to cruise in and it was so low I couldn’t drive on half the roads I wanted too because it threw sparks scraping pavement all the time. I’ll never do that again.

Going to enjoy the Bullitt just as she sits. She is perfect for me. But I do love seeing how others mod their Bullitts to what they like.
I think I'm in the same camp you are. I was very curious to see what he did, but I will doubt that I'll mod mine much.
I've hit 14,000 on a road trip to an embassy in DC last week, third longer road trip in 12mos, so even with covid I'm driving good amount. Loved every mile so far, what a cruiser, that can quickly turn into a bruiser. :)

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I did a full Steeda suspension.

Slamson00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I think I'm in the same camp you are. I was very curious to see what he did, but I will doubt that I'll mod mine much.
I've hit 14,000 on a road trip to an embassy in DC last week, third longer road trip in 12mos, so even with covid I'm driving good amount. Loved every mile so far, what a cruiser, that can quickly turn into a bruiser. :)
couldn’t agree more. The Bullitt can be an amazing cruiser and GT style car and knock down major miles on a long road trip in comfort, and then at the flip of a switch and a downshift a bruiser and a beast she can turn into. I love the looks and dual personality of this car....it’s just perfect!!

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did a full Steeda suspension.
Great move on the suspension work FAST FRED! I have most of the Steeda suspension parts on my Bullitt too. I’m only missing the toe links, camber arms, springs and sway bars. I figured that the way I like to drive my car, I should be all set now. I love the look of a tastefully lowered car, but I wasn’t willing to risk that because I didn’t want to scrape up my expensive LTH.

I found this video a while ago and after watching it, I knew right away that I needed to address these areas. TBH, Ford should be putting out cars in this day and age that don’t have these blatant issues. Wheel hop will most likely lead to broken half shafts.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Great move on the suspension work FAST FRED! I have most of the Steeda suspension parts on my Bullitt too. I’m only missing the toe links, camber arms, springs and sway bars. I figured that the way I like to drive my car, I should be all set now. I love the look of a tastefully lowered car, but I wasn’t willing to risk that because I didn’t want to scrape up my expensive LTH.

I found this video a while ago and after watching it, I knew right away that I needed to address these areas. TBH, Ford should be putting out cars in this day and age that don’t have these blatant issues. Wheel hop will most likely lead to broken half shafts.

WOW.... Where did you find those bushings?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
WOW.... Where did you find those bushings?
I purchased all of my suspension components from Steeda. The video doesn’t show a really good angle of the rear lower control arm spherical bearing, but I added those to my control arms too. Be forewarned though, the spherical bearing mod is a PITA, but man-o-man is the end result worth it!

D3FE496C-5AC8-47D5-9578-DDE3C5C47D16.jpeg

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
Only did a moderate software tune. Just to reach US stock numbers in hp and tourque despite the EU models gasoline partical filter.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I decided when I drove it off the lot, was like wow this is insanely high-geared, called ECGS and asked what the lowest ratio they could install was. They said 4.88s so I said okay, when is your earliest appointment. Best thing I did.
What is your MPG like?

Moncho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
hei from Spain. Mine is K1444 with 28.500 Km (18.000 miles). For me is a fantastic car, also in wet, despite my envy from the USA ones. The modifications , at least in Spain, are nearly impossible because of regulations and lack of professional tuners. i would be very happy with two modifications: torsen differencial with 3.73 ratio and exhaust manifold ( it seems that export bullitts have a narrower one because of the right hand ones limitations that remains , for economy, in the left hand ones ). i guess this is one of the main reasons for the 20 HP that we lose. Also i will delete the reasonator. what do my europeans fellows think??

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
hei from Spain. Mine is K1444 with 28.500 Km (18.000 miles). For me is a fantastic car, also in wet, despite my envy from the USA ones. The modifications , at least in Spain, are nearly impossible because of regulations and lack of professional tuners. i would be very happy with two modifications: torsen differencial with 3.73 ratio and exhaust manifold ( it seems that export bullitts have a narrower one because of the right hand ones limitations that remains , for economy, in the left hand ones ). i guess this is one of the main reasons for the 20 HP that we lose. Also i will delete the reasonator. what do my europeans fellows think??
You don't have the 3.73's in Europe?

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Nope 👎
3.55 on the eu spec bullitt. It really sucks.
My Bullitt are much slower then my 2015 aut mustang gt were.
I regret that i traided it for the bullitt. 🙄. Well some desitions arnt vice, whats done is done.
Im lucking for a 2012 mustang boss 302, instead of the bullitt. Will se what the future holds. 🤔

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Put yourself a power adder of some sort on there and make it perform the way you want it to.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Bone stock, but love my Bullitt.
Same ... only thing I'll do is put a BMR 2-pt brace on the front I had from my 2016 and maybe do the Steeda rear IRS braces on the rear - both are easily reversible.
Sponsored