Bullitt Mod Recommendations?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
have any pics of those quarter window louvers? i really like them just worry about them staying on. Have heard horror stories of them flying off on the highway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Sure, here’s how they look

0A871A64-F7A7-44F9-A677-8FCDFD4809F3.jpeg

C1AA73D3-BA2D-4611-86F5-19719359EF2D.jpeg

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
have any pics of those quarter window louvers? i really like them just worry about them staying on. Have heard horror stories of them flying off on the highway.
If I were you I wouldn’t go with the Hurst ones I have, they overlay the window trim so because of this the tape wasn’t touching in a lot of places so I had to stack tape in some areas

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I meant the steeda braces though do you think id feel the difference after I install those with just street driving?
Yep. Just taking the 90-deg corner from my street to the main sub-division one at even moderate speed produced wallowing. That's when I decided to do it. It's minor now. And those are the only mods that won't affect your ride (or need an alignment). Anything more than that will. The car is a good compromise between sport and comfort now.

Here's a pic of the wheel caps, they are very easy to replace, literally 10 secs a wheel.
Did you mean 10 seconds from the moment you walk out of the garage, or 10 seconds after you remove a wheel? BIG difference. I tried removing them with a large suction cup, and it's basically impossible due to the pony. And no way you can remove them with a screwdriver without damage IMO... but if you found a way, please tell us, since I'd like to check the axle nuts. So you probably meant 10 seconds after removing the wheel, which is certainly NOT a 10-sec job. Just saying :).

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Just taking the 90-deg corner from my street to the main sub-division one at even moderate speed produced wallowing. That's when I decided to do it. It's minor now. And those are the only mods that won't affect your ride (or need an alignment). Anything more than that will. The car is a good compromise between sport and comfort now.

Did you mean 10 seconds from the moment you walk out of the garage, or 10 seconds after you remove a wheel? BIG difference. I tried removing them with a large suction cup, and it's basically impossible due to the pony. And no way you can remove them with a screwdriver without damage IMO... but if you found a way, please tell us, since I'd like to check the axle nuts. So you probably meant 10 seconds after removing the wheel, which is certainly NOT a 10-sec job. Just saying :).
Great, thanks for the advice

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
They look awesome, but any ones you would recommend that won’t interfere with the trim?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

I put blue painters tape on the tip of a small flat head and popped all 4 of my plastic ones out. None are scratched.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
They look awesome, but any ones you would recommend that won’t interfere with the trim?
You can tell in the photos, most on American muscle are good

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can you post some sound clips of the h pipe?
I don't have any decent ones yet but another member here made this video and it displays it well:

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I put blue painters tape on the tip of a small flat head and popped all 4 of my plastic ones out. None are scratched.
Correct, I didn't take the wheels off.
I used one of those generic blue masks (that we're all wearing now, they're very soft), and wrapped it around a thin screw driver and just slid it in between the cap and wheel and just popped it off. It was easier than I though.
Literally 3 secs to pop off and 5 secs to grab a center cap and push on.
Try it, you'll like it :)
No scratches on my wheels, and I was worried about that.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Here's where my Sprint Booster is. Can see it through the steering wheel and easy to poke with your left hand to change throttle response. Also have it on many previous cars.

IMG_20201004_103718.jpg

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here's where my Sprint Booster is. Can see it through the steering wheel and easy to poke with your left hand to change throttle response. Also have it on many previous cars.

IMG_20201004_103718.jpg
Haha.. Lou, I see you run yours at Race #9... me too :)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good to hear; thanks. I have a jeweler's screwdriver set somewhere in the garage, so will look for it. Not sure if I'll try that, since I want to remove the wheels anyway to clean and put the Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating I have, to see if it helps with the dust not getting stuck.
Sponsored