Sponsored

Bullitt dreams slashed for now, considering an Ecoboost.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Anglia 106E Wagon, 2015 Ford Escape 2.0
I agree that if you can get a new Ecoboost now for X Plan, and you were planning to get an Ecoboost for your wife anyway, it makes more sense to buy the new car now and hold off on the used Bullitt. Hopefully, the used market will settle sooner than later.

There sure are some uninformed opinions on here about child car seats. You can absolutely fit a forward facing car seat in the back of a Mustang and your young child will enjoy it back there for many years. Once they are about 5, they can climb back there and buckle themselves in (with an adult to tighten the belts.) This makes it much less of a pain to be in a two door car.

My wife is 5'7" and she can sit comfortably in front of my daughter. Even me, at 6'2", can sit in front of my daughter for an hour or two with minimal issues.

Good luck with your decision!
Hi Kevin, thanks for your post. Your girl is a cutie! Yep that was our thinking. Respectfully, it's easy for people who have a Mustang sitting in their garage to say 'wait' but when you've waited 3+ years at some point you have to pull the trigger and enjoy life. In reality no one knows when used prices are going to come down either.

For those saying just get a GT, my wife doesn't want a GT. She wants an Ecoboost and then when I get mine, we have the best of both worlds. Buying the Ecoboost wouldn't massively effect deposit saving for a Bullitt either so it's a win/win.

Thanks for the info on the car seat! As I said it would be an occasional thing at the moment and only more permanent in 5yrs or so, at which point she will be old enough to get in and out by herself. Given my SUV isn't worth much I'm going to keep it (which I was going to do if I got the Bullitt anyway) and when when my wife graduates to the Ecoboost full time, I'll be keeping her Escape so we will always have a 'Family' car anyway.
Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Why not consider a GT base model? If you try harder, may be able to get a GT Premium with no more options at that price now that summer is around a corner.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I personally love my ecoboost, I won't talk bad about them, im a daily summer driver. I do spirited driving but primarily just DD around with some romps onto the highway etc. All I'd recommend truly is a aftermarket street sized intercooler, 300-350 bucks any brand is improvement, and a high flow air flow filter. 50-60 bucks. you're golden.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Why not consider a GT base model? If you try harder, may be able to get a GT Premium with no more options at that price now that summer is around a corner.
Because the wife wants an Ecoboost. Plus when I get a Bullitt, we will have the best of both.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I personally love my ecoboost, I won't talk bad about them, im a daily summer driver. I do spirited driving but primarily just DD around with some romps onto the highway etc. All I'd recommend truly is a aftermarket street sized intercooler, 300-350 bucks any brand is improvement, and a high flow air flow filter. 50-60 bucks. you're golden.
Thanks, great to hear.

Sponsored

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I pulled the trigger right in the middle of the pandemic in Feb 2021. I figured life is short, I'm not getting any younger, I have the means, why not.

You don't know the future. But some predictions that I had made me go for it sooner than later:

- What/when will the S650 bring (worse design, more expensive, electric, issues like the C8?)
- Interest rates are likely to go up because inflation is almost guaranteed based on asset prices and world banks printing money
- Inflation will devalue the dollar quickly making assets increase in price

If it's that you can't afford it, then wait. If you can afford it but are looking for the best deal, just go for it and accept whatever comes knowing part of that payment is going to be hitting the "Entertainment" portion of your family budget ;)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger right in the middle of the pandemic in Feb 2021. I figured life is short, I'm not getting any younger, I have the means, why not.

You don't know the future. But some predictions that I had made me go for it sooner than later:

- What/when will the S650 bring (worse design, more expensive, electric, issues like the C8?)
- Interest rates are likely to go up because inflation is almost guaranteed based on asset prices and world banks printing money
- Inflation will devalue the dollar quickly making assets increase in price

If it's that you can't afford it, then wait. If you can afford it but are looking for the best deal, just go for it and accept whatever comes knowing part of that payment is going to be hitting the "Entertainment" portion of your family budget ;)

He is correct, I pulled my car off market even though I listed high. For me to buy the same car would cost me more money in long run. Just keeping what I have since my interest is basically free and I had a great price.

I would save up if I wasn’t able to get what I wanted now. I’m picky, I’m talking, auto vs manual, color I want vs what’s available. If we are paying for something it better be what we want.

My friend is a nut job, he ha so 20k cash and he went from the color he wanted, silver or black to a grandma gold/piss yellow car with like piss yellow interior because he saved 700 bucks

Blew my mind. Lmao. It was a Camry or some shit. Picked the ugliest car imaginable to save 700.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

- What/when will the S650 bring (worse design, more expensive, electric, issues like the C8?).
Exactly my thinking.

OP
OP

3xpendable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I would save up if I wasn’t able to get what I wanted now. I’m picky, I’m talking, auto vs manual, color I want vs what’s available. If we are paying for something it better be what we want.
We are being picky too, hence the custom order idea and it is cheaper than buying a new one off a lot at present.

Sponsored

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The EB is a great car, but for me hitting the start button there was just something missing. (Ya I know)

I too loved the Bullitt, but realized more than anything I just liked the color.

For me the GT was the only choice because I wanted the V8 and also I wanted to mod it. If I got some sort of special edition, I wouldn’t have been so eager to mod it.

Now as far as the child seats, don’t listen to these guys! Stuff the kid seat in the back and let them enjoy the ride.
I have twins and when they were 1st born I had a 2000 Isuzu Vehi-cross.... have you ever seen one of these things?
6E5C9B12-D384-4E4F-954C-CF3635DA6EFC.jpeg
Well I had to, put down the back seats, put the kids in the through the back then put the seats up, climb in and buckle up their seatbelts... IT SUCKED! But guess what, that shit goes by so quick it’s just a blip in time.

Now my twins are 14, and we go everywhere in the Stang. Daughter sits in the back, has plenty of room and my son who is now taller than me rides shotgun.

Also personally I’m not very excited for the s650 as I think Ford might go ahead and mess this one up.. and you are taking about someone that has 2 Fords currently and owns stock in Ford.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Hello, Alex! Good luck with EB and Bullitt plans. You've received a lot of good feedback here. In the UK and Australia Bullitt Facebook groups, I am seeing a decent number of people trading in their Bullitts and getting a Mach 1. It doesn't seem to be the case here in the US. I hope that you find what you seek!!

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
^^^^^^This, spot on excellent advice.

Johnbullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt, 2006 Ford Mustang GT
I will not be trading my Bullitt as I love it mostly. I will be adding the spare tire so thanks to the forum for that. I do like the Mach, but just like the Bullitt the Mustang is getting very pricey. That's Ford fault and the other manufacturers. They do NOT ask us what we want. They make it first, then see if we want it. I feel the Mustang is in danger of becoming the Thunderbird that was priced wrong and vanished. Why don't they ask us? I want 0-60 faster than the space shuttle, red paint inside and out including the dash. The only red I don't want are tires. Top end of 250 plus. I want a red ground missle and I'll be Slim Pickens riding that horse. I work as a quality inspector in an auto plant. I also love Porsches, Lambos, Ferraris but first, it has to be pretty, and second it has to be fast, and third it better be offered in candy apple red. C'mon Ford ask us what we want first, then design the car. Oh yeah, I understand if people sell the Bullitts for a profit. But remember your feet are gonna miss that McQueen machine.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Hi Kevin, thanks for your post. Your girl is a cutie! Yep that was our thinking. Respectfully, it's easy for people who have a Mustang sitting in their garage to say 'wait' but when you've waited 3+ years at some point you have to pull the trigger and enjoy life. In reality no one knows when used prices are going to come down either.

For those saying just get a GT, my wife doesn't want a GT. She wants an Ecoboost and then when I get mine, we have the best of both worlds. Buying the Ecoboost wouldn't massively effect deposit saving for a Bullitt either so it's a win/win.

Thanks for the info on the car seat! As I said it would be an occasional thing at the moment and only more permanent in 5yrs or so, at which point she will be old enough to get in and out by herself. Given my SUV isn't worth much I'm going to keep it (which I was going to do if I got the Bullitt anyway) and when when my wife graduates to the Ecoboost full time, I'll be keeping her Escape so we will always have a 'Family' car anyway.
My dude, just get the ecoboost. Who knows when the used market will settle. The ones saying wait are saying to wait bc if you buy now and settle for something you didn’t want originally, you will have buyers remorse next day. Trust, I am king of buyers remorse. Buy the eco, drive it and have fun until you can get what you want. You will still have fun and this way you scratch your itch just a little to hold you over.
Sponsored