17gt_charlotte

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes I do. I haven’t driven a Gen 3 mustang other than this one so not sure what the stock clutch is like
Sponsored

OP
OP
17gt_charlotte

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Update: Didn’t end up taking the wheels off to inspect, but I jacked up the driver’s side of the car and spun both tires. The front tire spun without issue, the rear tire spun fine except it seemed like there was a fairly noticeable difference in how much friction was there when spinning. Don’t know if it is just because of the parking brake (made sure it was not engaged), or something else. I then put the car on the ground and decided to check lug nut torque. The front wheels were fine at 150 ft/lbs, but both rear wheels were fairly loose. I got around 3/4 of a turn on each of the rear lug nuts until they hit 150 ft/lbs. Hopeful, I took the car out for a drive, still the same issue. I’ve also noticed I can hear the noise sometimes when driving in a straight line, and can hear it almost all of the time when I turn the steering wheel to the right. It is also more pronounced when braking. I’m thinking wheel bearing with the noise being seemingly dependent on the side load of the car, but let me know what you guys think. I’m taking the car to the dealership Tuesday for an oil change so I’ll get them to see if they can diagnose the issue as well.

OP
OP
17gt_charlotte

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Turns out the seal between the diff and driver’s axle gave up. Ford ordered a new one and is covering it under warranty.
Sponsored