Sponsored

Build Week - 09/28/15

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I googled a bit and found an email address for some higher ups at Ford. I sent an email, really just wanted to vent. I got a nice response back and a promise that they would look into it. The next day I got a long response which was very nice. Here is part of it;

"Nevertheless, as you suggested, your Mustang is currently produced and preparing for shipment at our assembly plant. As we remain absolutely committed to outstanding quality for our customers, your vehicle is currently being held as part of a comprehensive quality and testing inspection. Due to the volume of vehicles, our latest estimate is that it will likely delay your vehicle by at least a few weeks. We will absolutely expedite shipment of the unit once it has been approved for release. I will be in touch soon when we can provide a more specific ETA, but in the interim, let’s talk when you have a chance to ensure we understand your situation and can help in any way possible."

I had canceled my order last week. The dealer agreed if it arrived soon, he would call me right away. In the meantime, I found a different car, with more options and cheaper than what I paid. I picked it up yesterday and love it. Not a single issue so far. Good luck to you all!
Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I wonder if the parts to fix this will be as long of a wait as the Airbag recalls. My dealer still doesn't have the parts for my 2011... This sucks..

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] Deysha, I understand what you are saying and know that you, as a customer service rep, get put in a bad spot with customers.

My feedback is that Ford needs to recognize the impact that these situations have on special order customers. It is also damaging to Ford's reputation since they are providing inconsistent feedback through the supply chain.

All companies have problems, their value is shown in how they respond to and take care of their customers when there problems occur.
Sorry, I called customer assistance, not VOPC. I am working from within the rules....
I understand. Thanks, Ozzmosis86.

You guys think you're tired of waiting? I ordered my car on June 12!!
:paddle:

So much for trying to get at the front of the line...
---------
ORDERED 6/12/15
2016 GT PP Convertible 401A Magnetic RedLine Nickel Wheels Nav
I see it’s been at the plant for a while, dB Stang. It should get released soon.

Deysha,

First I think we all appreciate what you do to help keep us updated and relatively calm, so publicly thanks!

I think a large part of the frustration obviously is the lack of communication from Ford directly or through our Dealers, but also many are starting to have issues with financing approvals expiring, getting to and from work because their cars were sold, Incentives expiring, etc.

It would go a long way if there was a cohesive, singular message provided by Ford to our Dealers to relay to us with at least a "best guess" ETA like for those impacted by "delivery delays" estimated first 2 weeks of November for instance.
I understand where you’re coming from, rl16v6. Thanks for the kind words!

--Which brings me to another point.

Do you not find it appalling that we have to get customer service from a non-sponsored enthusiasts web forum? Deysha is great and we all thank her for her efforts. THANK YOU DEYSHA.

But shouldn't Ford have some sort of customer service? Outside of Deysha's help, I've had the worst customer service ever. The Regional Rep flat out lied to my face today. Yesterday she said she would call me back by 5pm. Never heard from her. I called her this morning and she said that Ford has no holds on any cars, anywhere.... period. She said that any hold ups are being caused by the shipping companies.
Thank you for the kind words, nortoncommando. All the CRC is to advise you of is the “Primary” status and your ETA. That is all. I understand our community and try to help where I can.

Deysha

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Well in other goods news, I was able to score a $750 Private Cash Offer this afternoon. Applied for 3 more brochures yesterday for like the 4th time in four months. Got it in email today. This one specifically came along with the Focus Brochure but is good for any Ford Vehicle (Excluding Shelby, Raptor etc. ofcourse).

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I made a half funny response to something Ford posted on Facebook and got contacted by someone from Ford Service. I told her that I had already communicated with Deysha and she straight up told me that Deysha was 'the queen of all things Mustang' and that she couldn't give me any more info than what I was getting from Deysha. It's frustrating to not get any answers but It's pretty clear that everyone knows we have the best possible person helping us out here :thumbsup:

Sponsored

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Yes, Deysha and the other Ford Customer Support Folks are awesome and are all over Social Media. Now if we can get the rest of the company up to their level and get our cars fixed and shipped, we can all shift to "what have we done to our S550 Today" and out of Order/Price/Tracking! :clap2:

I made a half funny response to something Ford posted on Facebook and got contacted by someone from Ford Service. I told her that I had already communicated with Deysha and she straight up told me that Deysha was 'the queen of all things Mustang' and that she couldn't give me any more info than what I was getting from Deysha. It's frustrating to not get any answers but It's pretty clear that everyone knows we have the best possible person helping us out here :thumbsup:

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Well in other goods news, I was able to score a $750 Private Cash Offer this afternoon. Applied for 3 more brochures yesterday for like the 4th time in four months. Got it in email today. This one specifically came along with the Focus Brochure but is good for any Ford Vehicle (Excluding Shelby, Raptor etc. ofcourse).
You know what would be nice.... getting some sort of Ford Private Cash to help soothe the pains we are experiencing. Deysha, any chance you could hook us up? :D

OP
OP

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Maybe if the cars don't come in until November there will be better rebates????

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Seeing all of these posts make me nervous! Also does not help my "Wait anxiety"

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
I cancelled my order, I'm out. Adios, Ford
Enjoy whatever you wind up getting. For me, I plan to keep the car for years, so a few weeks doesn't make any difference in the long run. A year after I get my car I'm not going to think about the extra 3-6 weeks it took, rather how much I have been enjoying my great Mustang. In the meantime I'm going to try to not think about it and enjoy other things in my life. At least, that's the goal ;)

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
Enjoy whatever you wind up getting. For me, I plan to keep the car for years, so a few weeks doesn't make any difference in the long run. A year after I get my car I'm not going to think about the extra 3-6 weeks it took, rather how much I have been enjoying my great Mustang. In the meantime I'm going to try to not think about it and enjoy other things in my life. At least, that's the goal ;)
Agreed. Sure, it sucks, but shit like this happens regardless of manufacture. Would have been nice if Ford had a working tracking system, and would be able to keep the customer in the loop regarding holds on cars but it's not the end of the world.
Sponsored