Sponsored

Budget 2018 twin turbo GT build--Under $5k including fuel upgrades

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Got a couple hits in.

There were 35mph winds at the track (just my luck) so they cut it down to 1/8 only. Pissed me off.

Oh well.... here’s one of 2 passes she made on 8 psi boost.

Car should trap at 140 mph or better in the 1/4 on this 8 psi setting.

Full street trim on the 18’s and drag radials.

Got a couple videos I’ll post a little later.

3-E078-F8-A-DB5-E-4701-87-BA-E2-B790599-DA7.jpg

E6463214-2-DB7-4005-BC3-D-BF25-F208299-F.jpg
That’s legit congrats I’m boost co troller away from startup damm this is a process
Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
That’s a fantastic start man! Seeing your work has been a real help to me in the Hellion install on my car. Even took a couple of your ideas that I liked better. Thanks for sharing!
Heck yeah happy to help. Message me if you have any questions.

That’s legit congrats I’m boost co troller away from startup damm this is a process
It sure is... stay with it man these coyote cars loooooooooove the boost.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Wow!
Almost 111mph in the 1/8 on 8# Boost. Sounded like you left off idle. The potential is unreal. :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Like a boss. coffee in the cup holder?
... just ho humm blasting another triple digit 1/8 mile like no big deal.
Nice.
Congrats.
Haha thanks. Can’t get the day started without a cup of coffee!

Wow!
Almost 111mph in the 1/8 on 8# Boost. Sounded like you left off idle. The potential is unreal. :like:

Yeah leaving off idle. I’ll likely never trans brake or 2 step this car. Still on the fence, but leaning towards not.

Once i get it to trap 145 or better, I’ll be happy and have met my goal with this car. 10-11 psi should do it pretty easy.

Can’t wait to get her down the 1/4.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Haha thanks. Can’t get the day started without a cup of coffee!

Yeah leaving off idle. I’ll likely never trans brake or 2 step this car. Still on the fence, but leaning towards not.

Once i get it to trap 145 or better, I’ll be happy and have met my goal with this car. 10-11 psi should do it pretty easy.

Can’t wait to get her down the 1/4.
Yeah if you p/u 30-32 in the back half your already 141-143. and those 67"s at 8# are just barely waking up. at 12# your going to be close to 150.
These little Coyotes are amazing. Are you getting used to the sump pump? did the front bumper quiet it down?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Yeah if you p/u 30-32 in the back half your already 141-143. and those 67"s at 8# are just barely waking up. at 12# your going to be close to 150.
These little Coyotes are amazing. Are you getting used to the sump pump? did the front bumper quiet it down?
You know what, the bumper did quiet it down some. Still annoying but it scavenges so good I’m tempted to just leave it for now.

It’s a lot of fun. I’m surprised at how well she ran in full street trim.

Just getting started with this thing but China is delivering so far LOL!

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
Don't know if you have the time for it, but I could certainly see a market for it if you were to put together everything needed to install this kit like the lines, fittings, scavenge pump, etc and sell it here on the forums. Maybe even as far as modding some stock fuel rails, depending on the price, and reselling them. I see a good way to make some side income here.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Don't know if you have the time for it, but I could certainly see a market for it if you were to put together everything needed to install this kit like the lines, fittings, scavenge pump, etc and sell it here on the forums. Maybe even as far as modding some stock fuel rails, depending on the price, and reselling them. I see a good way to make some side income here.
I’d love to. If anyone is/was local to me I’d be glad to lend a hand.

This kit performs for cheap!

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’d love to. If anyone is/was local to me I’d be glad to lend a hand.

This kit performs for cheap!
I was going to PM him suggesting that.
Great minds think alike.
One of my Contract Manufacturers for work also assembles for a major tuning house everyone knows. I have other CMs as well that I could have any hose or wiring/harness assemblies made.
Id offer it at cost open book/open source style. Not looking to make money, just help as many Stangs go turbo as possible.
If the setup was same across all installs, then tuners could dev a canned tune and then latest max tune for recurring revenue and support to the kit.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I was going to PM him suggesting that.
Great minds think alike.
One of my Contract Manufacturers for work also assembles for a major tuning house everyone knows. I have other CMs as well that I could have any hose or wiring/harness assemblies made.
Id offer it at cost open book/open source style. Not looking to make money, just help as many Stangs go turbo as possible.
If the setup was same across all installs, then tuners could dev a canned tune and then latest max tune for recurring revenue and support to the kit.
x100

I don’t need to make any money off this but would be great to help out and make another garage install go smoothly now that I have all the measurements and part numbers required to make it all come together.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Nice first shakedown pass!

Need to get a two step and launch the car!
You should definitely see ~150 on 11lbs. I have so far but with smaller turbos!
Sponsored