TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Hey,
Im looking to do the same brake upgrade that you did. By any chance would you happen to have the entire parts list? My GT is a 2021, non performance pack car and i want to upgrade to Brembo 6 piston caliper as opposed to 4 piston. Can ya help me out?

Thanks Anthony
Here's the price list with PN's from my swap - note that I did front and rear calipers since I was going to paint everything red. If you're just doing the fronts, no need to worry about the rear parts, obviously. FPG = Ford Parts Giant, SWF = Southwest Ford (local dealership), OPM = Optimum Performance Mustang.
51659426547_69a4984954_c.jpg
Brembo_Upgrade_Expenses by clair_davis, on Flickr
Sponsored

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
awesome thread... just trying to get my parts together to do the same thing to my base GT. I was reading on Vorschlag's 2018 build thread, that they did the same thing to their base GT...but found out that the performance pack master cylinder has a bigger piston, to move the bigger calipers. Is there anyone here that can speak from experience on this. I just spoke to someone who is pretty reputable and they said this wasn't true......but if you look on Vorschlags thread they show you with a micrometer that is indeed a bigger piston on the perf pack master. Thanks for your input, much appreciated

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
awesome thread... just trying to get my parts together to do the same thing to my base GT. I was reading on Vorschlag's 2018 build thread, that they did the same thing to their base GT...but found out that the performance pack master cylinder has a bigger piston, to move the bigger calipers. Is there anyone here that can speak from experience on this. I just spoke to someone who is pretty reputable and they said this wasn't true......but if you look on Vorschlags thread they show you with a micrometer that is indeed a bigger piston on the perf pack master. Thanks for your input, much appreciated

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
From what I have found out is that the master cylinder is a hair bigger but unless heavily tracking car it is not a real concern. I went from factory 4 piston GT brakes to Bullitt 6 piston and while haven't drove it a whole lot since it is about winter time haven't noticed any issues. Also I do not track car so never really expect to have an issue

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
From what I have found out is that the master cylinder is a hair bigger but unless heavily tracking car it is not a real concern. I went from factory 4 piston GT brakes to Bullitt 6 piston and while haven't drove it a whole lot since it is about winter time haven't noticed any issues. Also I do not track car so never really expect to have an issue

ok, sounds good....appreciate the feedback! I did call ford with the vin #s for a base and a GT and sure enough you're right....the pp master is different. appreciate your help...Thanks

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I upgraded my base GT brakes over 6 yrs ago and didn't change my master cylinder. Haven't had any problems.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I upgraded my base GT to the Steeda Bullitt brake kit with Brembo 6pot and 15” rotors. Zero issues, looks great, very happy. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe a bigger diameter master cylinder necessarily means better brake performance. For your original question, it is not needed to move more fluid for the bigger calipers.

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I upgraded my base GT brakes over 6 yrs ago and didn't change my master cylinder. Haven't had any problems.

cool, this is good to know

appreciate the feedback!

Thanks