Sponsored

Breaking Necks with my GT350 Thread

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Not really "breaking necks", but I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of items.
When I came out of the store a Lady and her son (7 or 8 years old) were walking past my car and the Lady says to her son, "look at that Ferrari". At which time her son stops and says, "Mom that's a Ford Shelby GT-350 with a 526 horse power, Flat Plane crank, 5.2 Liter, VooDoo engine. And it has a 8250 RPM redline" She says "it's a nice color, do you know what year it is ?" He says "It's a Ruby Red 2020"
Then I said, "you are close young man, it's a 19".
At which point he put his hand to his fore head and says, " Duh, I should have noticed that it didn't have that dumb shark fin on the roof"...

2DE86638-C6DA-4818-9ACB-C739E58CC6D3.jpeg
now that’s funny…
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Not really "breaking necks", but I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of items.
When I came out of the store a Lady and her son (7 or 8 years old) were walking past my car and the Lady says to her son, "look at that Ferrari". At which time her son stops and says, "Mom that's a Ford Shelby GT-350 with a 526 horse power, Flat Plane crank, 5.2 Liter, VooDoo engine. And it has a 8250 RPM redline" She says "it's a nice color, do you know what year it is ?" He says "It's a Ruby Red 2020"
At which point he put his hand to his fore head and says, " Duh, I should have noticed that it didn't have that dumb shark fin on the roof"...

Give that kid's Father a Gold medal in proper parenting. He obviously educated his son about performance cars.
Now his wife is another story. :facepalm:

Los_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.motormisfit.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT in Grabber Lime Green
This is an awesome thread and I have a short story for it.

I was leaving my house in the GT350, and as I am exiting the community I see a police car hiding trying to catch speeders. I make a right and get only a few blocks when I see in the rear view mirror that the cop turns on his lights and follows me. I pull over but he doesn’t stop behind me, instead he pulls up on my drivers side and says that he was checking out the car and he loved it. He then said I’ll be on this street today and tomorrow so just watch your speed so I don’t have to stop this great looking car. Told me to have a great day, pulled a u-turn and went back to his hiding place. 😁😁

I said wow that’s a cool cop!!!

Los_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.motormisfit.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT in Grabber Lime Green

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
2 Motorcycle cops pulled up to the stop light on the lane next to me. One of them looked behind at my car, and per my usual encounters with cops, I thought he was going to give me shit for windshield tint and no front plates. To my relief, he just gave me a thumbs up and went on his way, so that was nice.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Give that kid's Father a Gold medal in proper parenting. He obviously educated his son about performance cars.
Now his wife is another story. :facepalm:
That's how you spot a relationship that isn't going to last ;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I‘ll bet she was just messing with her boy as the Voodoo was built around inspiration from Ferrari. 😉
I like what you're suggesting ;)

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
There was an old thread titled "breaking necks" where owners posted their stories of getting compliments, thumbs up, funny reactions from kids, etc.. I wanted to start a fresh thread for GT350 owners to tell their stories.
Here is a recent story......
My wife took the GT350 up to Door County Wisconsin on Tuesday with her girlfriend. I was a bit apprehensive about it. Not about her driving, as she is really proficient, but more about parking conditions.. ie..door dings, etc..
They ended up have a great time and shared many stories with me afterward. Lots of Thumbs up, peace signs, hey nice car, etc.. More than they could remember. The most memorable experience happened when they returned to the park and ride later that evening. A group of young guys were hanging out, as she pulled in they immediately followed the 350, eyes fixated and wide. One of the guys walked up to the car and asked my wife "who owns this car?' My wife chuckled and said, "my husband and I do"
"wow, you know how to drive stick?" "Yes, I know how to drive a manual"
He then proceeded to ask all kinds of questions about the car and requested she rev it. She obliged with the valves open.
When she left the park and ride she opened the valves and gave them a show as she entered the hwy on ramp. Later her girlfriend called her and said the guy had his phone up and was recording video of the entire process. They were not expecting that much attention.
gt350 oshkosh 1.jpg
Lorne,

I'm in Green Bay also, we should get together some time. Not a break your neck story but I thought I would share a cool story. A couple of weeks ago I get a knock on my door. Open the door and there are 3 younger guys standing there. One guys says "hey we say your Shelby banner in the garage, can we see your car". We go in the garage, kids were all in college and one of them in general just graduated and said a GT350 is the first thing he is going to buy. We are chatting, going thru the history of Shelby (I have a poster of the original 350 on my wall and I have a 2020 HEP) so explaining all of that to the guys. They were so excited and asked so many questions it was cool. So I say to the one kid if you are going to buy one we better go for a test ride. Needless to say the camera phones came out and the smiles were ear to ear. Only took one of them for a ride but it was GT350 style. I believe there was a little amazement and a little nervousness but the smile was ear to ear and a lot of OMG's. The ride took us through a few roundabouts, a highway onramp and a little trip down the highway. I am sure we have all done those rides..... needless to say there are definitely (3) more guys that will be looking for Mustangs the first chance they get.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

That is AWESOME. We may have hope for the next car generation yet!

Sponsored

Ando88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Every time I take the car out it gets lot's of looks and "thumbs up" from other drivers. And any time I gas up, someone always comes up to me and asks about the car.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne,

I'm in Green Bay also, we should get together some time. Not a break your neck story but I thought I would share a cool story. A couple of weeks ago I get a knock on my door. Open the door and there are 3 younger guys standing there. One guys says "hey we say your Shelby banner in the garage, can we see your car". We go in the garage, kids were all in college and one of them in general just graduated and said a GT350 is the first thing he is going to buy. We are chatting, going thru the history of Shelby (I have a poster of the original 350 on my wall and I have a 2020 HEP) so explaining all of that to the guys. They were so excited and asked so many questions it was cool. So I say to the one kid if you are going to buy one we better go for a test ride. Needless to say the camera phones came out and the smiles were ear to ear. Only took one of them for a ride but it was GT350 style. I believe there was a little amazement and a little nervousness but the smile was ear to ear and a lot of OMG's. The ride took us through a few roundabouts, a highway onramp and a little trip down the highway. I am sure we have all done those rides..... needless to say there are definitely (3) more guys that will be looking for Mustangs the first chance they get.
that is a great story. I've had multiple "garage walkby's" or someone coming to our house to do service work (electical/plumbing, etc). If they are a car guy we end up in a long conversation..
Sponsored