Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There was an old thread titled "breaking necks" where owners posted their stories of getting compliments, thumbs up, funny reactions from kids, etc.. I wanted to start a fresh thread for GT350 owners to tell their stories.
Here is a recent story......
My wife took the GT350 up to Door County Wisconsin on Tuesday with her girlfriend. I was a bit apprehensive about it. Not about her driving, as she is really proficient, but more about parking conditions.. ie..door dings, etc..
They ended up have a great time and shared many stories with me afterward. Lots of Thumbs up, peace signs, hey nice car, etc.. More than they could remember. The most memorable experience happened when they returned to the park and ride later that evening. A group of young guys were hanging out, as she pulled in they immediately followed the 350, eyes fixated and wide. One of the guys walked up to the car and asked my wife "who owns this car?' My wife chuckled and said, "my husband and I do"
"wow, you know how to drive stick?" "Yes, I know how to drive a manual"
He then proceeded to ask all kinds of questions about the car and requested she rev it. She obliged with the valves open.
When she left the park and ride she opened the valves and gave them a show as she entered the hwy on ramp. Later her girlfriend called her and said the guy had his phone up and was recording video of the entire process. They were not expecting that much attention.
gt350 oshkosh 1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Great story. I know how crowded Door county can get so I feel your anxiety.

I've only unfortunately amassed 400 miles so far on my new 2020 GT350, but have a had few thumbs, even a salute. šŸ˜„
The salute came from a younger guy at a bus stop on a 40 mph local road.

I was about a 1/4 mile away and saw him jump otop the bus bench with hand on forehead all the way until I passed him.
I gave him a few quick revs as I passed by and waved back.
Kinda cool. šŸ˜Ž

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
There was an old thread titled "breaking necks" where owners posted their stories of getting compliments, thumbs up, funny reactions from kids, etc.. I wanted to start a fresh thread for GT350 owners to tell their stories.
Here is a recent story......
My wife took the GT350 up to Door County Wisconsin on Tuesday with girlfriend. I was a bit apprehensive about it. Not about her driving, as she is really proficient, but more about parking conditions.. ie..door dings, etc..
They ended up have a great time and shared many stories with me afterward. Lots of Thumbs up, peace signs, hey nice car, etc.. More than they could remember. The most memorable experience happened when they returned to the park and ride later that evening. A group of young guys were hanging out, as she pulled in they immediately followed the 350, eyes fixated and wide. One of the guys walked up to the car and asked my wife "who owns this car?' My wife chuckled and said, "my husband and I do"
"wow, you know how to drive stick?" "Yes, I know how to drive a manual"
He then proceeded to ask all kinds of questions about the car and requested she rev it. She obliged with the valves open.
When she left the park and ride she opened the valves and gave them a show as she entered the hwy on ramp. Later her girlfriend called her and said the guy had his phone up and was recording video of the entire process. They were not expecting that much attention.
gt350 oshkosh 1.jpg
Iā€™m not sure what this means.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not a break neck story, but had on my 5.2 Voodoo shirt that I bought from Lightrules recently while ordering food. Well that shirt caused a guy named Paul to stop me and ask "Do you have a GT350?" to which I said "Yes." The smile on his face and the thirty minute conversation afterwards with him saying how impressed he was with the car, while spitting out multiple facts on the engine and car was refreshing. I just sat back, jumped in here and there, and smiled. That was a good day!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Your wife gets along with your girlfriend? Howā€™d that come about? Any secrets youā€™d like to share?
You usually need to make a sincere offering to the master in hopes of him offering sage advice. :crackup:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Your wife gets along with your girlfriend? Howā€™d that come about? Any secrets youā€™d like to share?
Thread has been edited/corrected... "her girlfriend"
I've been happily married for 32 years.. it's one of the secrets to a good life as well as financial stability. Probably wouldn't be driving a shelby otherwise.. :like:
uh..... not that I stay married for that reason.... I think i'm digging myself a massive hole.... :whew::giggle:

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
I once picked up my mother in my GT350R and when I was driving home, I passed an old man walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø on the other side of the street. He heard the car and turned and faced me and with his whole body, rising to his toes, with both fist in the air yelled ā€œYESā€!!!!

1624377116598.gif

I remember laughing at how excited he was to see a new Shelby rolling down he road.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m not sure what this means.
Are you referring to the term "breaking necks?" It's slang for turning heads very rapidly... if you need further clarification please let me know...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not a break neck story, but had on my 5.2 Voodoo shirt that I bought from Lightrules recently while ordering food. Well that shirt caused a guy named Paul to stop me and ask "Do you have a GT350?" to which I said "Yes." The smile on his face and the thirty minute conversation afterwards with him saying how impressed he was with the car, while spitting out multiple facts on the engine and car was refreshing. I just sat back, jumped in here and there, and smiled. That was a good day!
Great story.... I've been "studying" the GT350 you tube video with Jay Leno and the Ford Performance Chief engineer. They go into a bit of depth on both the car and the engine. Was at a Father's day car show this past weekend and had numerous people asking about the Voodoo engine. Was able to explain some of the differences to them, but would like to go into even more depth for those that are more mechanical minded.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Are you referring to the term "breaking necks?" It's slang for turning heads very rapidly... if you need further clarification please let me know...
Hmmm...7:52PM on a Friday. I'm pretty sure I had a buzz on and posted in the wrong thread. :cwl:

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Not really "breaking necks", but I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of items.
When I came out of the store a Lady and her son (7 or 8 years old) were walking past my car and the Lady says to her son, "look at that Ferrari". At which time her son stops and says, "Mom that's a Ford Shelby GT-350 with a 526 horse power, Flat Plane crank, 5.2 Liter, VooDoo engine. And it has a 8250 RPM redline" She says "it's a nice color, do you know what year it is ?" He says "It's a Ruby Red 2020"
Then I said, "you are close young man, it's a 19".
At which point he put his hand to his fore head and says, " Duh, I should have noticed that it didn't have that dumb shark fin on the roof"...

2DE86638-C6DA-4818-9ACB-C739E58CC6D3.jpeg
Sponsored