Brand new car, DIY ceramic question

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I recently bought a 2019 Bullitt with 20 miles on it. Paint looks great to the eye. I’ve been detailing my daily drivers for years, but never to the extent of applying an actual ceramic. I’ve used Adams spray ceramic and meguiars but I think my bullitt deserves more.

I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews for carpros. My question is how much do I need? I was thinking: reset, eraser, iron X, and cquartz 3.0, hydro2 foam is another possibility but, do I need all of that? I have clay and chemical guys products (all of the V series, multiple glazes and sealants, etc) but I really don’t think there’s any need for a paint correction.

would u guys say that’s Over kill or what?
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
when i did my magnetic color 19, i didnt do a paint correction either.

felt smooth enough, led light didnt show any swirls, paint looked good enough to me. i know others will disagree but, whats done is done ;)

for prep, i did an adams strip wash, then i sprayed iron x, and rinsed off, then i did a second wash with reset, then eraser, then i applied 1 coat cquartz 3.0, waited 1 week, then i applied a coat of reload, then after that i wash with hydro2foam mostly.

i think i could have skipped the eraser honestly.. if i wanted to wipe down with isopropyl, in my opinion, just use isopropyl and a microfiber. the eraser smells nice, but i dont think it was really needed

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would use iron x than lightly clay. Wash with reset, polish car to a high shine, I use car pro essence. After the essence let car alone for 4 hrs and then ceramic with cquartz 3.0. No need for ISP wipe as long as the essence cured for 4 hours to let solvents to evaporate. If I us 3D one to cut deeper I then use ISP before the essence.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I thought I read somewhere that eraser is nothing more than a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water...is that true? If that’s the case probably not worth buying theirs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I was reading his article but looking to use some of the products that I have. I ordered reset, iron x, hydro2 foam, ceramic 3.0 Uk.

I was thinking:
Strip wash
Clay
Iron x
Reset
Chemical guys V38 finishing polish
Chemical guys black light (is adding a glaze/sealant after Polish ok before the cermic)
Car pros Ceramic

thoughts?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was reading his article but looking to use some of the products that I have. I ordered reset, iron x, hydro2 foam, ceramic 3.0 Uk.

I was thinking:
Strip wash
Clay
Iron x
Reset
Chemical guys black light (is adding a glaze/sealant after Polish ok before the cermic)
Car pros Ceramic

thoughts?
I would shoot a PM to Voo Doo. I'm sure he would be happy to discuss with you. Of course, you might have to pay him. :)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

I was thinking:
Strip wash
Clay
Iron x
Reset
Car pros Ceramic

thoughts?
Polish > Strip > Ceramic

Don't add anything between the paint/clear and the ceramic because that layer will fail before the ceramic and cause issues.The highest durability should be the lowest layer on the car.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
So the other question is it seems like the process may take a few days, especially if you’re going to apply 2 coats of ceramic like I intend to. My garage is fairly clean, but is there something you can wipe the car with to remove any dust particles that may land on the car between say, polish and first coat of ceramic, or between 1st and 2nd coat? Do you just wipe off with the Surface prep or would that maybe increase the chances of scratches ?
Sponsored