Brake sounds

Zell7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zaher
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium pp1
After i installed a new set of front brake pads(brembo) now i can here sounds like the pads touching the Roters while moving, is that bc they are new or did i do something wrong
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Front and rear disk brake pads, when released will always be in slight contact with the rotors. The design is such that as soon as there is pedal pressure, the brakes do their job instantly by slowing/stopping with no lag time.

When you installed the new pads, did you compress the brake caliper pistons first before installing the new pads?

OP
OP
Zell7

Zell7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zaher
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium pp1
Front and rear disk brake pads, when released will always be in slight contact with the rotors. The design is such that as soon as there is pedal pressure, the brakes do their job instantly by slowing/stopping with no lag time.

When you installed the new pads, did you compress the brake caliper pistons first before installing the new pads?
Yes i did but i didn’t compress it all the way the pads took some force to get in there u think if I compress the pistons all the way it would help?
Sponsored