Sponsored

Brake pedal problem?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
On rare occasions, when I press the brake pedal to start the engine, the pedal is really stiff and doesn't push in much. Is this normal? Once engine is running it is fine. Could it be a vacuum leak or something? Some forums claim this is normal.
Sponsored

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
As long as there is no issue during normal operation (when the cars is on and moving) I wouldnt sweat it. I figure it is just like pushing the brakes on every other vacuum assisted brake system, the pedal will be tough if there is no vacuum present.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
On rare occasions, when I press the brake pedal to start the engine, the pedal is really stiff and doesn't push in much. Is this normal? Once engine is running it is fine. Could it be a vacuum leak or something? Some forums claim this is normal.
Yep get it on mine,
have never worried about it, the car runs sweet :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's normal. Vacuum leak out over night when engine is off so the pedal would be hard to press. Once engine is started, vacuum resumes and pedal would get soft.

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Sorry to revive, but having the same issue. What causes the vacuum leak? Check valve?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I've had this situation on several vehicles during my 40+ years of driving. It's nothing unusual.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Mine has always done this. It's a bit puckering when you stick the clutch and brake to start the car, only to realize that your brakes have released and you have no brake pedal, then start rolling backwards. I don't use the parking brake when I park, just leave it in gear, so when it does happen (rarely), I've gotten quick at pulling the parking brake.

JR
Sponsored