Brake Pads

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What Brake pads are yous running up front once the OEM are shot? I'm thinking of giving EBC Blue Stuff a try. Curious to know peoples thoughts and if anyone is actually running these?
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Oem squealed loads for me so I tried stoptech posi quiet and they were shite, you may as well have wheatabix for pads. Replaced with Ferodo ds2500 no noise at all and pulls the car up hard.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Oem squealed loads for me so I tried stoptech posi quiet and they were shite, you may as well have wheatabix for pads. Replaced with Ferodo ds2500 no noise at all and pulls the car up hard.
I'll defo stay away from them ones then dude haha, what's the dust level like from the DS2500?

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
I'll defo stay away from them ones then dude haha, what's the dust level like from the DS2500?
why not try Performance friction Z rate front pads, low dust , no squeal, track day and street use, also produce discs for 5.0 litre version if needed, lighter than stock to reduce Unsprung weight.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
why not try Performance friction Z rate front pads, low dust , no squeal, track day and street use, also produce discs for 5.0 litre version if needed, lighter than stock to reduce Unsprung weight.
I cant say i have ever heard of them, i will look into them though. Thanks :)

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Maybe your OEM pads were worn? OEM is DS2500 btw, so you got back what you first had, no?

I think they're great. Only complaints I ever see about them is dust, but apart from that, I can't ever remember seeing any complaint. Used them for my first two-three trackdays too.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Maybe your OEM pads were worn? OEM is DS2500 btw, so you got back what you first had, no?

I think they're great. Only complaints I ever see about them is dust, but apart from that, I can't ever remember seeing any complaint. Used them for my first two-three trackdays too.
I read they were similar to ds2500 but not quite the same. I found a set of genuine 2500 for 270 quid. Ford wanted 500 i think for genuine pads

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

I did not know the DS2500 are what comes from the factory. Thanks for this as i want something better then standard.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I read they were similar to ds2500 but not quite the same. I found a set of genuine 2500 for 270 quid. Ford wanted 500 i think for genuine pads
I've also read that pads produced for OEM will sometimes have minor differences in compound, but I'm not sure if that's the case for the DS 2500. I had a look at the backing plate on the OEM pads now, but don't have any other DS2500 pads to compare with, so dunno.

20210413_184445.jpg

For twice the cost, the DS2500 compound sold by Ford would have to be pretty special, though myself I suspect the reason for the price difference is the same as why 4L of motoroil costs twice as much at the Ford dealer here as in the shop.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've also read that pads produced for OEM will sometimes have minor differences in compound, but I'm not sure if that's the case for the DS 2500. I had a look at the backing plate on the OEM pads now, but don't have any other DS2500 pads to compare with, so dunno.

20210413_184445.jpg

For twice the cost, the DS2500 compound sold by Ford would have to be pretty special, though myself I suspect the reason for the price difference is the same as why 4L of motoroil costs twice as much at the Ford dealer here as in the shop.
its one hell of a mark up that's for sure pal

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I went with power stop extreme performance Z26 pads all round as a replacement. I've had no problems and think they perform well and less brake dust over oem. Also a truckload cheaper than what ford dealers in Adelaide were asking for oem pads.
20210414_065134.jpg

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I want something better then standard.
I assume you mean better stopping power? Are you wanting this for track days? Personally I find the standard set up pretty impressive for road use given the weight of the car.

Like most things in life pads are a compromise. More ā€˜biteā€™ trades off against shorter pad life, noise, dust etc

its also quite possible that Ford spec 1 material for OE and a different one for ā€˜genuineā€™ aftermarket parts. Maybe this explains the crazy prices for that Ferodo pad?

Personally Iā€™m still on my originals so I canā€™t comment about motorcraft ones. however at those prices, you could buy several different branded sets and decide which suits you best!
Sponsored