OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I went with power stop extreme performance Z26 pads all round as a replacement. I've had no problems and think they perform well and less brake dust over oem. Also a truckload cheaper than what ford dealers in Adelaide were asking for oem pads.
20210414_065134.jpg
I've just been looking at these, they are a good price compared to others
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I assume you mean better stopping power? Are you wanting this for track days? Personally I find the standard set up pretty impressive for road use given the weight of the car.

Like most things in life pads are a compromise. More ā€˜biteā€™ trades off against shorter pad life, noise, dust etc

its also quite possible that Ford spec 1 material for OE and a different one for ā€˜genuineā€™ aftermarket parts. Maybe this explains the crazy prices for that Ferodo pad?

Personally Iā€™m still on my originals so I canā€™t comment about motorcraft ones. however at those prices, you could buy several different branded sets and decide which suits you best!
Yes more stopping power, not bothered to much about a bit of noise or dust. want something that would be ok for the occasional track day but without sacrificing to much cold bite for street use

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Yes more stopping power, not bothered to much about a bit of noise or dust. want something that would be ok for the occasional track day but without sacrificing to much cold bite for street use
How are the OEM/DS2500 lacking in that regard?

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How are the OEM/DS2500 lacking in that regard?
They are good pads but You can feel them start to drop off as they get warmer, i want something more consistent also, dont want to have to switch pads if i book a track day but dont want to sacrifice too much cold bite. Find a happy medium.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
They are good pads but You can feel them start to drop off as they get warmer, i want something more consistent also, dont want to have to switch pads if i book a track day but dont want to sacrifice too much cold bite. Find a happy medium.
I'm amazed somebody can make the stock DS2500 pads fade during street driving.

If there's any better "medium" than these, I would also like to hear it. I'm swapping to DS1.11 before every trackday, though they seem to work fine for regular street driving too, except some unwelcome noise.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm amazed somebody can make the stock DS2500 pads fade during street driving.

If there's any better "medium" than these, I would also like to hear it. I'm swapping to DS1.11 before every trackday, though they seem to work fine for regular street driving too, except some unwelcome noise.
Is the noise to much from the DS1. 11 as if its not bad maybe a set of them will be a good option if their cold bite is still good?

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
Is the noise to much from the DS1. 11 as if its not bad maybe a set of them will be a good option if their cold bite is still good?
send me your e-mail, will send you details,or email me directly.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Last month I attended different track days two weeks apart, and could not be bothered swapping to the DS 2500 in between them, so no, it's not too bad. I usually drive with my window open on non-highways, and just hear some whine when applying them gently at slow speed.
It does make the car sound like one of those old and poorly maintained cars you see on the road though, so it's not all that cool.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Last month I attended different track days two weeks apart, and could not be bothered swapping to the DS 2500 in between them, so no, it's not too bad. I usually drive with my window open on non-highways, and just hear some whine when applying them gently at slow speed.
It does make the car sound like one of those old and poorly maintained cars you see on the road though, so it's not all that cool.
They sound like a good option to consider, it does get a pain changing all the time. It was one of the reason i was going to try the EBC Blue Stuff as they sound a good al rounder, doesnt luck like anyone has tried them so i might just get some and be the Guinea pig

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
What Brake pads are yous running up front once the OEM are shot? I'm thinking of giving EBC Blue Stuff a try. Curious to know peoples thoughts and if anyone is actually running these?

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
dont know if you are sorted on pads yet, Nemesis carry stock of PFC pads in uk, might be worth
a try, speak o Phil.

OP
OP

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
dont know if you are sorted on pads yet, Nemesis carry stock of PFC pads in uk, might be worth
a try, speak o Phil.
Not sorted yet, will defo have a word with him though. Cheers
Sponsored