Front Brake Pads need replacing...

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
I'm after some help please! Couldn't find any previous on this, but my cars just had it's second service and the front brakes are 80% worn (I thought they were because they're squeaking like crazy!).

I've been quoted by ford to replace them, and (wait for it...) they want £320 to replace just the pads :eek:

I've seen I can source some good pads from American Muscle/CJPP for the region of £150 shipped, so does anyone know of anywhere decent around the Coventry area to have them fitted? I could do it myself, but to be honest I'd like the receipts just in case I need to sell the car at any point.

Or alternatively, anyone know of where I can cheaply source some pads and have them fitted...?

Oh and I forgot to say I've got an EB not a GT :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How many miles have you done?

I'm on just over 17K and running grooved/drilled front discs and my pads are still quite a way from needing replacement.

I wouldn't worry about a receipt tbh. As long as you keep the invoice for the pads themselves that will be enough.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
car_ter2903

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
Save importing, ford parts UK have them:
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_mustang_front_brake_pads_34l_from_2015_onwards__f_2044140.htm

Fitting is fairly easy, maybe one of the engineering guru's around here will help you out and fit them... ;)!
Cheers Steve, I had checked their website already but assumed the "3.4" referred to the V6 which obviously don't fit our cars. Will get on the live chat with them tomorrow to clarify. As I say can easily fit them myself, just more for a service history kind of thing. As said above though I guess receipts for the parts should be enough.

Also, reading up on the aftermarket ones they seem to offer some slight performance improvements :ninja:

How many miles have you done?

I'm on just over 17K and running grooved/drilled front discs and my pads are still quite a way from needing replacement.

I wouldn't worry about a receipt tbh. As long as you keep the invoice for the pads themselves that will be enough.
21k at the moment, not sure of your usage but I've done a track day + the ford track day on these pads too. I figure you've had at least similar? Fair play with the receipts, you've set my mind at ease!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Has anybody managed to fade their Brembos with the standard pads? It's been quiet on the forums regarding upgrades.

Lucky Pierre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
SH99 - in a completely stock GT, I did 20 min stints around Spa with no brake fade at all and that circuit is hard on the brakes. I was nudging 140mph at the end of the Kemmel straight. The front wheel wells got really hot - you could see the shimmering air even after 10 mins of cool down - and it was the tyres that went off well before the brakes. I'm about to add Steeda grooved discs to help draw some air in there and I'll stick with OEM pads as they were fine. The pads wore through entirely on that day but some cooling should help massively. I can't imagine how you'd fade the brakes on the road unless you're committing to an Alpine descent on a hot day!

OP
OP
car_ter2903

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
Yeah similarly around Bedford Aerodrome (also fairly hard on brakes) I had absolutely no issues with fade and that's in an EB, so have no complaints with the stock system that's for sure. As mentioned, figured why not use it as an opportunity to explore some gains ;)

Unfortunately the only two decent aftermarkets I can find are:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stillen-mm-front-pads-1517gteco.html
http://www.cjponyparts.com/hawk-per...ance-pack-ecoboost-base-gt-2015-2017/p/BS855/

Some stuff on the US ebay but not so sure about those... And nothing UK based unfortunately, literally nowhere seems to stock our brake pads. Another perk of UK mustang ownership!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah similarly around Bedford Aerodrome (also fairly hard on brakes) I had absolutely no issues with fade and that's in an EB, so have no complaints with the stock system that's for sure. As mentioned, figured why not use it as an opportunity to explore some gains ;)

Unfortunately the only two decent aftermarkets I can find are:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stillen-mm-front-pads-1517gteco.html
http://www.cjponyparts.com/hawk-per...ance-pack-ecoboost-base-gt-2015-2017/p/BS855/

Some stuff on the US ebay but not so sure about those... And nothing UK based unfortunately, literally nowhere seems to stock our brake pads. Another perk of UK mustang ownership!
If you're planning to import, send them to stackry and do a bit of tactical revaluing when you're sending them in - save yourself some cash on import :thumbsup:!

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Speak to Robbie at Steeda he managed to source these from the USA for me to help control my supercharger project. The kit also includes StopTech Posi-Quiet front semi-metallic and rear ceramic street performance brake pads. Also sourced Steeda upgraded Brake Lines:
Steeda S550 Mustang GT Performance Pack Slotted Front & Rear Brake Kit (15-17 GT) List price: $849.95 $799.95 You save: $50.00*(6%)
CODE:555-6029
Description
15" front & 13" rear rotors
Overall increased braking performance
Increased brake cooling under extreme driving conditions
Reduced rotor fatigue during prolonged heavy braking
Improved fatigue resistance to minimise surface cracking
StopTech brake pads give you friction performance across wide temperature rang. Rotor-friendly brake pads and feature low-dust formulation for maintaining cleaner wheels OE-quality fitment and ride quality
Braking performance is just as important as power adding or handling performance modifications. If you are continually pushing your S550 GT to its limits you may be noticing your braking can continually get worse the harder you push it. Being able to cool down you brakes quicker is just as important as cooling your GT's 5.0L engine. This Steeda S550 Mustang GT Performance Pack Slotted Front & Rear Brake Kit aims to maximise the braking power of your Brembo calipers by providing them with a OE quality slotted rotor and upgraded ceramic brake pads.
Our Mustang GT Performance Pack Slotted Front & Rear Brake Kit come complete with Steeda slotted front and rear rotors and StopTech Posi-Quiet front semi-metallic and rear ceramic street performance brake pads. Our Steeda S550 front 15" and rear 13" slotted rotors improve on the Performance Pack Brembo non-slotted rotors. The slots on our OE-quality rotors provide your Mustang GT with better cooling under extreme conditions. The increase in cooling of our Steeda rotors will reduce rotor fatigue resulting in better braking power under extreme conditions. The improved fatigue resistance will also minimise the risk of surface cracking.
StopTech has been engineering brake pads to dramatically improve overall braking performance wile remaining compatible with the stock OE calipers. StopTech brake pads are engineered with the same positive moulding process used by OE suppliers, providing brake pads with consistent friction material density throughout the brake pad life. These front and rear brake pads from StopTech will provide your 2015-2017 Mustang GT with better braking performance, you will notice more stable friction performance across a wider temperature range. Even though these StopTech brake pads are engineered to increase your braking performance, they still provide your Mustang with the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions. These brake pads also have the added benefit of decreasing brake dust forming on your S550's wheels
Note: Fit Performance Pack 2015-2016 Mustang GT's only.
Purchase your Steeda S550 Mustang GT Performance Pack Slotted Front & Rear Brake Kit for your 2015-2017 Ford S550 Mustang GT at Steeda Autosports today!
Hope this helps

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Sorry ignore the last post as did not notice that you had a an EB and not a GT.:headbonk:

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Never fear I can get EB Stop Tech pads too im sure! 8)

We will be stocking a range of braking solutions shortly, from our brake lines to the slotted rotors to pads and possibly more too... stay tuned....

OP
OP
car_ter2903

car_ter2903

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3 Ecoboost
Never fear I can get EB Stop Tech pads too im sure! 8)

We will be stocking a range of braking solutions shortly, from our brake lines to the slotted rotors to pads and possibly more too... stay tuned....
Oooo... Interesting! How soon (And more importantly how much will they cost?) can you guys get a set of EB pads over? Feel free to PM me :thumbsup:
Sponsored