Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone changed their pads yet?
I thought it best to do it while i change over rotors to grooved type.How hard is it to push the piston back do i need that special tool, its been years since i did it lol !
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Has anyone changed their pads yet?
I thought it best to do it while i change over rotors to grooved type.How hard is it to push the piston back do i need that special tool, its been years since i did it lol !
Fronts you do with your hands. The rears are wind back style, so suitable tool like cube or caliper wind back tool.

Its super easy though!

Fronts: Punch out the retaining pins, under the bolt, think its 13mm, pull pads out, push pistons back, grease (cera tec) where appropriate put new pads in.

Rears is just as easy, undo the two 14mm bolts, pull caliper off, remove pads, install new pads, grease appropriate area, fully wind back the piston on both sides, install new pads.

Button up! Get in car, pull hand brake several times until tightens (adjusting) and then pump brake pedal, go for drive, first couple of stops be careful.

Oh and sure you know, wash the disc with soapy water or brake cleaner to remove any oils, then sand paper the disc and pad surface to help them mate to each other. :)

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gibbo,
Got some gear sent from steeda, even though UPS sent it all to Birmingham first then back to dartford :lol:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those that want 2 piece discs, i spent 2 weeks trying to find front and rear at a reasonable cost.Gibbo used Mtec and got a great deal, but i gave up on them even though they gave me a price of around £1500 i couldn't order the bells and they wouldn't answer my emails.Eradispeed from lethal came in at $2000 +taxes.Wortec didnt answer my inquiry so it was either giro disc( steeda)or stop tech(gt101) but these were front only.Steeda does do a rear grooved rotor though you can buy separately.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I've got some Powerstop Z26 rear pads that are brand new in the box if you want them:)

£40 quid plus p&p seems a fair price:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Enoch
But i bought the stop tech rear pads delivered from steeda today :doh:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Thanks Enoch
But i bought the stop tech rear pads delivered from steeda today :doh:
No worries mate....:) I'll stick em in the classifieds:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] FWIW Wortec are still developing theirs, and testing and what not. Meant to be finished soon.
Sponsored