daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
SRF is over kill for 99% of the cars out there.

I use Red Line RL600 fluid.
I chose Castrol SRF over the the $35~ cheaper RBF 600 and same price RBF 660 because people who know more than me said it is not as hydroscopic as the Motul flavors and won't need to be changed as often. Not saying that sarcastically, just explaining my choice.
Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
My track instructor recommended Motul RBF 600, he said using anything else would be foolish. I have to switch mine out myself I cooked the stock fluid on my base model brakes.
That is two instructors telling the same thing...I am going to go with Motul 600 too.
PS my brakes just came in yesterday.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I chose Castrol SRF over the the $35~ cheaper RBF 600 and same price RBF 660 because people who know more than me said it is not as hydroscopic as the Motul flavors and won't need to be changed as often. Not saying that sarcastically, just explaining my choice.
Yep, read this too.

That is two instructors telling the same thing...I am going to go with Motul 600 too.
PS my brakes just came in yesterday.
Mine recommended RBF 600 as a baseline for the car based on weight, power and track (Mid Ohio). He uses better stuff ;)

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Pentosin DOT4 LV (low viscosity brake fluid) is the same as the factory Brake Fluid. Available in most parts store chains. I wouldn't suggest running anything else unless you are upgrading to a racing fluid.
I've got two unopened bottles of Pentosin DOT4 LV.
I plan on using Pentosin DOT4 LV. I've always had good experences with Pentosin products. Popular with the Euro crowd.

http://www.pentosin.net/f_brakefluid.asp

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I've got two unopened bottles of Pentosin DOT4 LV.
I plan on using Pentosin DOT4 LV. I've always had good experences with Pentosin products. Popular with the Euro crowd.

http://www.pentosin.net/f_brakefluid.asp
It's all I run currently, will be stocking SRF and a few other's shortly but I would rather get some air on the brakes so the fluid doesn't boil in the first place. I usually change it a couple times a year. For about $40 for two liters it's enough to completely flush the system.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since the OP didn't ask for a track-duty fluid, my recommendation would be to stick with an DOT4 LV fluid that meets the Ford specs.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
How do you all tell when the new fluid makes it's way though the caliper when the fluids are the same color? I just flushed my system with 3 bottles of RBF600, and I couldn't tell when the when the new fluid started coming through.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
How do you all tell when the new fluid makes it's way though the caliper when the fluids are the same color? I just flushed my system with 3 bottles of RBF600, and I couldn't tell when the when the new fluid started coming through.
Unless your car/fluid was brand new prior to putting rbf600 in, you should have been able to tell. Pay closer attention next time. Old should be slightly darker and might even have "particles" in it. 3 bottles (1.5 liters) is enough.
Sponsored