Sponsored

Brake booster not painted

Reese’s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 1989 fox body lx 5.0, 1997 camaro
Hey guys, new guy here. Just bought a new 2020 GT base last week. When I opened the hood for the first time a few days later, I noticed the brake booster wasn’t painted. It looked like just raw stamped steel. I know they were painted black on previous years, but wasn’t sure if it’s just something ford stopped doing or it’s something that went past QC. Does anybody have a 2020 car with a painted brake booster?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not painted on my 2019 Bulllitt either. That's the way they come now, I guess. I haven't seen one painted on my vehicles in a long time, by the way.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
“This thread is meaningless without pics”.

strange for sure. also strange: plastic oil pans, plastic drain plugs that don't unscrew. ..do they have plastic oil filters to.. lol

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
also strange: plastic oil pans, plastic drain plugs that don't unscrew.
Don't know what you're talking about with the plastic pan; it's bolted just the same as a metal one, but it's plastic. And the plastic drain plug does unscrew, but only about 3/4 of a turn.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Is Ford to cheap to stick with metal or is it for weight savings? Using plastic where metal should be is a cost cutting change. Ford cheaped out again just like They did going with the cheap chinese mt82 over a tremec trans in the gt’s. The 2022’s will probably get plastic driveshafts..

OP
OP

Reese’s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 1989 fox body lx 5.0, 1997 camaro
I finally got my car back from the body shop dealing with other issues, and was able to check the booster with a magnet. You are right, it is aluminum.
Brake Booster on mine is unpainted Aluminum!!:)
Sponsored