Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can use your factory TB and a aftermarket CAI..
Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I'm still a firm believer that it is OP's tune. A little more time and I'll be able to post valuable information for everyone on the boss manifold. I am a tuner, and I know how to tune VCT on these engines. When I get long tubes and boss manifold on my personal vehicle, I'll be able to conclude this once and for all. I'll state my results and if the engine doesn't like it, and state why. If it does, well then...

Kris

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
lol @ lund sack riders. All people do here is bash everyone that tunes except lund and call him god's gift to mustang tuning. Look at OP's original dyno chart and tell me his lund tune is good. I'd be interested to see datalog of that tune vs this tune, and see what exactly they changed for the manifold...see if they changed VCT at all and by how much, or just deleted the IMRC from the tune.

Ero, Shaun at AED tunes via SCT usually.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Calm down bama boy. Lund has more than one tuner if i recall correctly. Lund didnt get this popular for no good reason. People only bash bama. No one is bashing eric brooks etc. You're way too touchy about the tuning subject.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Sounds like you're touchy, calling me Bama boy? You're the coolest guy around, way to go

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Here is a few things to consider, when a tuner becomes overwhelmed with tunes that need to be provided, he will simplify tunes and get help. More times than not, these "tunes" people receive are from one vehicle to the next because cars like similar tuning requirements depending on the setup. An intake, header, exhaust car is going to more than likely like the same tune as another car with the same mods. With email tunes, that's the way it works. If you have a setup that is uncommon, then you will more than likely get a tune that isn't developed very well. I see it all the time.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Sounds like you're touchy, calling me Bama boy? You're the coolest guy around, way to go
Im not touchy in the slighest. You're adding tone to text that isnt there. However you getting mad about bama has been seen around here. Its just a tuner. Who cares if bama is bad mouthed. If you like them. Good deal. But to come in and act all cocky when lund has an issue sometimes is silly. Every tuner will have some come backs. Some much more then others.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not here to down anyone and I have not read all the postings, that being said I only made 415 RWHP, but run 11.20s @ 3,835 lbs. I do not and never have put all my judgement in a dyno #. The day I can take off in high gear at the track and run the 1/4 mile in that gear is the day I will worry more about dyno #s. Dynos & flow benches sell parts. I spent many years on a flow bench, some of the fastest cars had lower flowing heads. I could explain why, but that's a lot for a typical guy to type out lol. I had one instance where I built two engines for different customers, one a 408 and the other 331. I built both cars from the ground up with the same components & weight. The 331 had 123 HP less than the 408 but ran 2 tenths quicker with less head CFMs and less power. People like Billy Glidden and Warren Johnson will tell you their best passes were NOT with their best dyno combos. And Billy has even said that what doesn't work on the dyno he will still try at the track. There's a lot of people that can bench 400 lbs., but a 160 lb. MMA guy will kick their butt! Car show people need numbers on a dyno sheet and I'm okay with that, I need numbers on a time slip. I love having less power and running faster, I always have and I always will.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I feel there is more power left in your setup as well. It takes time to dial in setups like these, lots of time most tuners aren't willing to put a lot into because there isn't as much money to be made because many people won't be doing these setups, or they just don't know how to. I could be wrong in saying so, and I admit that, but I just have this feeling. I've seen situations like this in other car markets where cam timing isn't utilized correctly and cars aren't as efficient because of it. Just my .02.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I have had a AED and Lund tune. AED isnt even in the same ballpark on the 15 as Lund. Don't waste your time.

As RBS550 said dyno numbers are just that.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I have had a AED and Lund tune. AED isnt even in the same ballpark on the 15 as Lund. Don't waste your time.

Your 15 has an AED tune?

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10

I find it hard to believe that one tuner "isn't even in the same ball park" as another on tuning these cars. It's not rocket science. Not sure what could be so complicated that is detrimental to making power between both of your tunes to actually tell them apart. Unless one just drives crappy compared to the other during partial throttle.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Hmm, you have first hand experience with an AED tune on your 15? I've contacted Shaun and he told me only a few local guys with 15's are running his tunes. He said he refused to do any email tunes until everything is perfect with the cars in testing.

AED is in Cali btw...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
One thing you guys have to remember, Lund locked down their 15 tunes. Makes it much harder for the guys that don't know as much to copy a file and know what Lund already figured out! :)

Like on the 11-14 cars
Sponsored