Sponsored

BORLA X-PIPE not so great. Till you fix it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So.. this is what one pays decent coin for ? Looks like the center was blown out with a torch, and the welds don't even penetrate all the way through. And the stainless, rusts. The outlet doesn't even match the position of the rest of the exhaust. Wow.

First order is to clean it up, get rid of the neck downs. Good thing I only payed 20 for it.
FB_IMG_1716667525827.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I wasn't super impressed with the finishing on the borla axleback either, but the last exhaust i bought was an HKS axelback for an ND Miata and it was a piece of art in comparison. The Borla looked at least about as good as OEM, maybe a bit worse. Sounds great though.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that my friend. I have always had great product from Borla. Borla is on my GT now and I will be getting Borla for the Mach one soon.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that my friend. I have always had great product from Borla. Borla is on my GT now and I will be getting Borla for the Mach one soon.
I'm not saying Borla is bad, just the quality on this particular piece is sub-par considering what they charge retail for it.

The Borla looked at least about as good as OEM, maybe a bit worse. Sounds great though.
In this case. the Borla looks worse than OEM haha.

As for your Miata, yeah, I noticed you can get extreme quality parts for those pocket rockets, at a reasonable price too.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I'm not saying Borla is bad, just the quality on this particular piece is sub-par considering what they charge retail for it.

In this case. the Borla looks worse than OEM haha.

As for your Miata, yeah, I noticed you can get extreme quality parts for those pocket rockets, at a reasonable price too.
I've had Corsa stuff too and there's always something off, tail pipe doesn't line up, one side sticks out further, have to bend this, bend that. There's always something with exhausts but that HKS exhaust was perfect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Very typical of most aftermarket performance exhaust systems.
Right. By comparison the 120$ Heartthrob aluminized H-pipe on there now is better shape. Little rust. The outlets even lined up. The crossover is to small, and the holes like the Borla, looked like it was blown out with a torch.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
😲
20240525_181745.jpg

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Same issue. ATAK on my car and inside the X and welds were complete horse shit garbage. I called them. Sent pics. In the end I swapped in a BLine X. So gorgeous, I didn’t even want to put it on the car. Fit in the Borla system perfectly.

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jimy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had Corsa stuff too and there's always something off, tail pipe doesn't line up, one side sticks out further, have to bend this, bend that. There's always something with exhausts but that HKS exhaust was perfect.
Same issue. ATAK on my car and inside the X and welds were complete horse shit garbage. I called them. Sent pics. In the end I swapped in a BLine X. So gorgeous, I didn’t even want to put it on the car. Fit in the Borla system perfectly.

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_3819.jpeg

Jimy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just received a Borla Switchfire from a performance dealer in canada @ 771.85 In canadian funds I returned it the same day the welds are poor quality.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
I also have a Borla ATAK, the carbon fiber tipped active exhaust. So not cheap.

Horrible welds. Had to file pieces, was not thrilled. My ARH headers though, absolute masterpieces.

Borla has good tone, but is way overpriced for its amateur fabrication. Really disappointing.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Take a look at Solo Performance. I put their cat back system on and have been very happy with figment AND sound. Even my wife likes the sound of the car now. Had an x-pipe and Kooks mufflers which was just too loud. Each by themselves would probably have been acceptable but together just too much.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. But for 20 bucks, I'll make this one to my satisfaction.
Sponsored