Borla Atak vs Xtreme -Drone?

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
LOL I still haven't switched my exhaust I'm starting to get very confused on which one I do prefer. Borla Atak or Xtreme? Both are extremely loud and I like that. I like the deep tone of the borla's

I understand Corsa has no drone which is the biggest positive for me.

Does the Atak drone? I saw one comment on here years ago saying Raspy and Drone with the Borla Atak. my understanding is the Borla Ataks are anything but raspy that would be the Corsa.

Anyone with the Ataks willing to chime in? I have a daughter so inside drone is a no-go. Outside loudness, not my problem
Sponsored

mattrubt12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Manual
I currently have a Corsa Xtreme and a buddy of mine got the Atak. The Atak is for sure a deeper tone but the Corsa at idle and at cruising does have a deep tone as well. Once you get past 3K RPM thats when the Corsa really starts to rasp but its a different sound than what you get with others. I have loved my Corsa since day 1 and have no complaints. Are you planning on doing headers later on?

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
I currently have a Corsa Xtreme and a buddy of mine got the Atak. The Atak is for sure a deeper tone but the Corsa at idle and at cruising does have a deep tone as well. Once you get past 3K RPM thats when the Corsa really starts to rasp but its a different sound than what you get with others. I have loved my Corsa since day 1 and have no complaints. Are you planning on doing headers later on?
In year 3, when it's more bearable for the child.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
LOL I still haven't switched my exhaust I'm starting to get very confused on which one I do prefer. Borla Atak or Xtreme? Both are extremely loud and I like that. I like the deep tone of the borla's

I understand Corsa has no drone which is the biggest positive for me.

Does the Atak drone? I saw one comment on here years ago saying Raspy and Drone with the Borla Atak. my understanding is the Borla Ataks are anything but raspy that would be the Corsa.

Anyone with the Ataks willing to chime in? I have a daughter so inside drone is a no-go. Outside loudness, not my problem
Both catbacks are on the louder side and are both really well made systems. I have Borla on my 03 Cobra and it sounds great with cats but its LOUD. I've sold a bunch of Corsa extremes and Borla Ataks but my personal favorite would have to be the Borla Stingers. They are the perfect storm for a perfect sound not too loud and not raspy. I highly recommend checking out a bunch of video to pick out your favorite one or see if anyone local has them at a car show or meet. Let me know if I can be of further assistance here at https://www.lethalperformance.com/

Sponsored

mattrubt12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Manual
In year 3, when it's more bearable for the child.
At that point I wouldn't go with either. I would go with more the Borla Touring or the Corsa sport. The Xtreme and Atak can be unbearable with headers. Even Corsa recommeneds going with the Sport instead of Xtreme when pairing with headers.

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
At that point I wouldn't go with either. I would go with more the Borla Touring or the Corsa sport. The Xtreme and Atak can be unbearable with headers. Even Corsa recommeneds going with the Sport instead of Xtreme when pairing with headers.
Yeah I saw a clip of the Corsa sport with Kooks Lth, sounded awesome. But at the moment, until then, I still want a wake the dead loud with no drone. The xtreme with LTH was crazy loud but raspy, the Atak and lth was actually pretty good sounding. Just worry of the potential drone.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If you want that wake the dead sound with no drone, Corsa is the go to setup. I would HIGHLY recommend the double H pipe Corsa setup though. It sounds amazing.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I have Borla ATAK's and there isn't a lick of drone. I love them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If ever going long tubes I'd go Corsa Sport instead of Xtreme. The Xtremes get very trumpety with long tubes(been there some that lol). Check out AWE Touring as well while you're looking.

Sponsored

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Borla Atak sounds great, deep tough sounding, no drone, definitely on the loud side, if I didnt have an exhaust with valves to use quiet mode in the neighborhood it might be too much. I'm adding stainless works catted headers and will probably need the resonator after that.

shitstang01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
I have Corsa Xtremes with longtubes, very quiet no drone at all sounds like stock exhaust until I step on it at 3k + rpms it screams sounds exotic a little deep and high pitched. I love it because I can drive around with no attention without disturbing my neighbors and on the flip side I can raise hell when I decide and make you hear me a mile away.

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
My first setup was stainless power catted long tubes and corsa extreme catback. Still had zero drone with the longtubes but it lost all tone that the catback had. Honestly after 3k it was just rasp. I switched to the borla atak catback and absolutely love it. It is alot deeper but will say it is more noticeable in the cab. I would not call it drone though. I can still have a normal conversation in 6th gear with my wife.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I have Corsa Xtremes with longtubes, very quiet no drone at all sounds like stock exhaust until I step on it at 3k + rpms it screams sounds exotic a little deep and high pitched. I love it because I can drive around with no attention without disturbing my neighbors and on the flip side I can raise hell when I decide and make you hear me a mile away.
thatssotrue_3749_1331166173.gif
Sponsored