BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I cant hear the signature Voodoo. It has a racy V8 engine tone to it though, unique in its own way. I doubt people can tell its a GT350 just by hearing that.
I think a lot of the unique sound comes from the header design, some of the early press material they talked about ford engineers playing some tricks to make it not sound quite like a standard FPC motor. Someone on another board is a Ford employee and stated they had some proto equal length shorty headers and that the FPC scream is much more apparent
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I think a lot of the unique sound comes from the header design, some of the early press material they talked about ford engineers playing some tricks to make it not sound quite like a standard FPC motor. Someone on another board is a Ford employee and stated they had some proto equal length shorty headers and that the FPC scream is much more apparent
Im glad they did what they did, because most people agree it sounds absolutely amazing in stock form, and easily amplified with removing resonators. Very distinct sound indeed

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'll try the Borlas once mine arrive any day now. I still like my ARH long tubes, off road X pipe and stock mufflers. But I'll soon see how I like the Borlas.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'll try the Borlas once mine arrive any day now. I still like my ARH long tubes, off road X pipe and stock mufflers. But I'll soon see how I like the Borlas.
If you had to rate loudness of stock vs your setup, what would you think? 6/10 loudness stock, 8/10 with your headers and X pipe?

Sponsored

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
The video that Borla took was stock exhaust then with the ATAK cat back after all that was done they installed there LT Headers and took video of that also. I listened to there 5.0 there with LT & ATAK system and next to my 5.2L they sounded totally different not even close as the voodoo was louder. I think everyone will love the cat back on the stock headers as it has the same FPC sound just louder. This vid made with my iPhone sounds nothing like it did when I drove it. I will get my car back today with stock headers & cats installed with the ATAK cat back. I will give a review soon. I did not get to drive my car with the cat back only. I really wanted to hear the LT headers so I can hear the difference with and without the LT headers.:thumbsup:

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
The video that Borla took was stock exhaust then with the ATAK cat back after all that was done they installed there LT Headers and took video of that also. I listened to there 5.0 there with LT & ATAK system and next to my 5.2L they sounded totally different not even close as the voodoo was louder. I think everyone will love the cat back on the stock headers as it has the same FPC sound just louder. This vid made with my iPhone sounds nothing like it did when I drove it. I will get my car back today with stock headers & cats installed with the ATAK cat back. I will give a review soon. I did not get to drive my car with the cat back only. I really wanted to hear the LT headers so I can hear the difference with and without the LT headers.:thumbsup:
Thanks, I can't wait to hear more.

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Hey Voodoo you already know the power your current set up makes right? Will you dyno again after adding the cat back?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Our car does have a wideband, most cars post '08 do.

Do our cars have the secondary 02? I believe so... Just like Hondas you need the software to disable the secondary 02. Once In a while you'll get lucky and the secondary 02 doesn't trip the CEL when using a longtube.

Not to bring in another vendor into this thread, but lethal states tunes needed with all their off-road piping.
I used a 90 degree bung like this (see link) on my Honda and it doesn't throw a code from the secondary sensor. And that's with a gutted cat. You point the bend upstream. Not sure if Mustangs have that kind of room, lol.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Vibrant+Perfo...207802837031&gclid=CLyeybH58M0CFVE0aQodL4cPDA

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Why didn't you keep the long tubes on?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Hey Voodoo you already know the power your current set up makes right? Will you dyno again after adding the cat back?
No. Because I can almost guarantee mufflers do not add HP

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'll bet that if Borla and a stock resonator delete gt350 were in two separate sound clips and nobody knew what car had which system it would be hard to tell on a internet clip. The surrounding area and mic play a huge roll. I do not believe any muffler is going to have any gains in hp on a active muffler system.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Why didn't you keep the long tubes on?
A few reasons Borla can't give me the car back with LT headers on it not CA legal to drive on the road (no cats). 2nd they used my car for R&D fitment and some pieces they made need to be corrected before selling. Also I'm probably going to have to sell my GT350 and could not do that with the LT headers on but I am going to get a new set in a box :D:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.