OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would think air/fuel before timing.
I usually use 1 can of torco with each fuel up. I ran out before the dyno session and used some royal purple instead. If i put to much in would it cause the that?

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
No. I wouldn’t be too concerned with glowing manifolds on the dyno, turbo’s are a restriction to flow, and being tubular they are probably thinner than factory, shit gets hot under sustained load.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I usually use 1 can of torco with each fuel up. I ran out before the dyno session and used some royal purple instead. If i put to much in would it cause the that?
Nah, I was just saying that I would suspect a poor air/fuel ratio to cause glowing manifolds before too much timing.

No. I wouldn’t be too concerned with glowing manifolds on the dyno, turbo’s are a restriction to flow, and being tubular they are probably thinner than factory, shit gets hot under sustained load.
Agreed. Wouldn't stress the glowing too much. Just keep an eye on hoses and plastics close by. Make sure Lund approves the logs and you're good.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Other than the lack of airflow the only thing that will make the headers glow like that will be AFR ratio as previously stated. However if the timing is too low it will do the same thing but 17 deg with 92 plus octane isn't low, if the AFR is rich then the fuel will burn in the exhaust pipes and cause high EGT'S. That I would be concerned with as you could burn out your exhaust valves.

codegrinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW PP GT (lemon buy back) 2018 Charger Hellcat
Should head to The mustang shop on April 28th for the Dyno day. 50$ for two pulls.