Sponsored

Boost for 2020 PP2 - CA 91 octane

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I am ready to go with boost again. Had a 2015 GT Prem 6r80 with a whipple gen 2 stage 2 in TX with 93 octane. Loved every minute of the whipple. Switched it up this time and went with a 2020 MT82 PP2 and will be in CA. Haven't driven a manual boosted car, so looking for some input on what supercharger to go with this time. Curious as to how how much a manual with the PP2 gearing will factor into SC selection?

1- PD or cetnri for a manual with the PP2 gearing?
2- Limited to a 50 state smog legal setup. Luckily it looks like i have good options.
3- 91 octance unfortunatley will be what i use most. Not much e85 available in the area I live in.
4- Looking for 600 - 675 RWHP. Not gonna see a drag strip, went with a manual this time for fun factor so not worried about maximum straight line speed. Want some additional HP, power in 1st and 2nd gear with the PP2 gearing is weak to say the least...
5- Plan to run PS 4S 305's tires.

What do you all think? Appreciate any thoughts you all have.
Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I like the torque available with the Edelbrock 2650, It matches the long gears of the 18+ mt82 well. You have to remove or increase the nitrous pill size in the bypass hose or else it feels like you wasted a lot of money šŸ˜‚. The drivability isn't great with the Edelbrock tune and it can get frustrating sometimes. If I were to do it again I'd go with an aftermarket tune from the start, or the Roush if you need a warranty.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
With a manual youā€™re going to definitely want the PD. If it was a 10r80 a centrifugal would work good. I would probably go whipple. As for the 50 state legal what county in California because Iā€™m in California and donā€™t have smog inspection. You just need to register the car in the right county

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I like the torque available with the Edelbrock 2650, It matches the long gears of the 18+ mt82 well. You have to remove or increase the nitrous pill size in the bypass hose or else it feels like you wasted a lot of money šŸ˜‚. The drivability isn't great with the Edelbrock tune and it can get frustrating sometimes. If I were to do it again I'd go with an aftermarket tune from the start, or the Roush if you need a warranty.
I don't the Lund or PBD tunes are CARB legal...

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
With a manual youā€™re going to definitely want the PD. If it was a 10r80 a centrifugal would work good. I would probably go whipple. As for the 50 state legal what county in California because Iā€™m in California and donā€™t have smog inspection. You just need to register the car in the right county
Contra Costa County. They most definately do CARB certifications...

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
5- Plan to run PS 4S 305's tires.
These can barely hook NA power levels you'll definitely need more boosted with the MT. For a dd Nitto 555rii can hook power and handle daily duties even rain.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Contra Costa County. They most definately do CARB certifications...
Easy. Register your car in lake county just north of Napa. They only do smog when you first register it. No smog again unless you sell it and they want to register it. Iā€™m registered in the same county.
I have a carb legal procharger kit that has been modified. I just save any parts that I need in case I ever need to smog it. Like the tune, cats, factory intake. I think that is all you need.
If you leave the cats on than you could easily swap intake and tunes when you need to or like I said register it in lake county

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Easy. Register your car in lake county just north of Napa. They only do smog when you first register it. No smog again unless you sell it and they want to register it. Iā€™m registered in the same county.
I have a carb legal procharger kit that has been modified. I just save any parts that I need in case I ever need to smog it. Like the tune, cats, factory intake. I think that is all you need.
If you leave the cats on than you could easily swap intake and tunes when you need to or like I said register it in lake county
Nice!!! Wish there was more E85 in my area....

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
These can barely hook NA power levels you'll definitely need more boosted with the MT. For a dd Nitto 555rii can hook power and handle daily duties even rain.
I get you on the tires not hooking...i like that sweet spot between OEM isn't enough HP/torque and oh S&%t I might crash. On my 2015, I bought every part available to get traction, ran mickey thompson drag radials and could never get close to hooking on the street with 3.15 gearing. With this car, I wanna keep the magna ride goodness and have available power when I want it. Not looking to hook from a dig, but want to me able to have more HP than stock available...

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Throw a Whipple Stage 2 Kit on it with their CARB legal tune and smile everytime you drive it.
Sponsored