Sponsored

Boomba 60 street transmission mount bad NVH.

Billy2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Anybody get really bad NVH from this mount?It Definelty improved my shifts but the NVH was so bad that I think I’m going back to the insert or stay with the oem.Hoping the NVH will improve over time.Boomba says the NVH will lessen after breaking in 1000 to 2000 miles.

966AEEFF-407A-4EF6-8740-4610095F1D87.jpeg
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have this, purchased used, and it didn't add much if any NVH. Mine's A10 so that may make a difference if your manual.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
With any of these types of mounts, there’s a break in period. They are meant to help in performance not so much “ride quality.” So give it that break in period and see how it feels afterwards.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Have the same mount. NVH was bad for the first 50 or so miles. Then it seemed to subside. I would give it a week or so to settle in.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I installed the same trans mount (60D Street) at the same time I installed a Steeda 1 piece AL drive shaft to compliment the MGW shifter I installed a couple years back. I expected some vibration (and have to thank @NGOT8R his thread prepared me well - thank you sir, absolutly love the drive shaft), but only noticed a minor increase in NVH. I do have a host of BMR goodies under the car so maybe I'm used to it...

One thing I did that seemed incidentally change it (less NVH) was put the car back in the air after a test drive (checking bolts, etc.). I didn't like the way the trans support bracket looked (seemed a little further to one side). So I re-supported the trans with a jack and un-did the four bolts holding the bracket to the car while loosening the bolts to the trans support bracket. I then re-tightened the four bolts by hand making sure they went in smooth and the bracket was better aligned, then re-torqued things. After that it seemed like I don't feel any NVH, or at least notice it but that is very subjective. I don't mind gear whine, and like feedback in the shifter, etc. so my personal tolerance may be different.

Good luck...

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I installed the same trans mount (60D Street) at the same time I installed a Steeda 1 piece AL drive shaft to compliment the MGW shifter I installed a couple years back. I expected some vibration (and have to thank @NGOT8R his thread prepared me well - thank you sir, absolutly love the drive shaft), but only noticed a minor increase in NVH. I do have a host of BMR goodies under the car so maybe I'm used to it...

One thing I did that seemed incidentally change it (less NVH) was put the car back in the air after a test drive (checking bolts, etc.). I didn't like the way the trans support bracket looked (seemed a little further to one side). So I re-supported the trans with a jack and un-did the four bolts holding the bracket to the car while loosening the bolts to the trans support bracket. I then re-tightened the four bolts by hand making sure they went in smooth and the bracket was better aligned, then re-torqued things. After that it seemed like I don't feel any NVH, or at least notice it but that is very subjective. I don't mind gear whine, and like feedback in the shifter, etc. so my personal tolerance may be different.

Good luck...
Glad I could be of help and you’re enjoying your new drivetrain mods. Mine still feels nice and smooth as well.

OP
OP
Billy2015GT

Billy2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)

Good luck...
What are the torque specs for the bracket and the mount?Thanks for your help.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the same trans mount and I added the Boomba shifter mount at the same time. As others said, I did notice quite a bit of noise and a little vibration coming from the little space in front of the shifter, but it subsided after few 100 miles. These 2 mods plus the BG Syncro II fluid made my 6 speed so much more enjoyable.

OP
OP
Billy2015GT

Billy2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
We’ll, I put a couple hundred miles on it and the NVH is still really bad.Been getting a little nervous about it because it feels like bolts and shit are going to start loosening up. I checked underneath again and everything is solid. I just ordered a new oe transmission mount so I’m going to switch back to that and see what’s goin on.The oe mount wasn‘t expensive and it’s a easy install so I got nothing to lose I could always go back to the Boomba mount.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
From my readings on here and FB it seems rather hit or miss on the NVH. I just used the insert on the factory mount. It felt horrible! Improved the shifts but the vibration was something I could not take. I drilled a hole in the bottom piece as suggested, no improvement. I cut the whole bottom section off, a little improvement but I finally took the thing out completely. I almost bought the mount you have but I could only imagine what that would have done in my car.

To each their own but it was a very un-natural vibration that I can do without!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Billy2015GT

Billy2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Replaced the Boomba trans.mount with an oe.NVH is totally gone it’s like night and day.It wasn’t worth all the NVH for a little better shifting.

6685A803-6BF7-4E18-A07A-448FABEB57E3.jpeg

5AC8FD67-3854-425B-A967-364A61FC9824.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love my Boomba. It didn’t add any crazy NVH to my car, but even if it did, I would be willing to accept a certain amount of it for better performance.
Sponsored