Body Roll (Next Step)

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Driving a 16 Mustang GT Premium Auto. No performance pack so this may be where the issue is. So far have 285 squared on pilot super sports, as well as BMR SP080 Lowering Springs. Taking turns or highway bends I can feel the body lean side to side.

My questions is what is the next step in handling that will produce the most significant results in this area? Thanks
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sway bars by a mile.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Sway bars and better dampers, but as Burkey said I would go with the swaybars first for sure.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Swaybars (and springs) control the maximum steady state lean.

Dampers control how quickly it gets there.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Driving a 16 Mustang GT Premium Auto. No performance pack so this may be where the issue is. So far have 285 squared on pilot super sports, as well as BMR SP080 Lowering Springs. Taking turns or highway bends I can feel the body lean side to side.

My questions is what is the next step in handling that will produce the most significant results in this area? Thanks
Get a Body Roll Bar. BMR makes awesome Body Roll Bars. :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I see the BMR post and link. Is this considered the best sway bar option? I keep hearing how the PP GT doesn't suffer from these issues. Is this just a springs and sway bar scenario? Does this make a night and day difference in cornering from stock? Thanks!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I see the BMR post and link. Is this considered the best sway bar option? I keep hearing how the PP GT doesn't suffer from these issues. Is this just a springs and sway bar scenario? Does this make a night and day difference in cornering from stock? Thanks!
Fitted the BMR sways to my PP, night and day for sure.
Highly recommended.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My opinion.

Struts/Shocks

Then sway bars if you want more anti-sway.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
My opinion.

Struts/Shocks

Then sway bars if you want more anti-sway.
This!

Control the springs you have first then get the swaybars. Doing both is always a prudent move, but the stock shocks and struts suck so bad that they barely deserve the title!

Sponsored
OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This!

Control the springs you have first then get the swaybars. Doing both is always a prudent move, but the stock shocks and struts suck so bad that they barely deserve the title!
Link to a setup? Thanks. I guess my question is should I do both at the same time or does one make more of a difference than the other? I don't track my car, its just something I notice during regular driving. Thanks

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, a couple great packages that are offered in the link above & private message sent.

Additionally, Steeda Swaybars for the S550 have CNC billet steel ends, for the ultimate in strength and durability!

Our S550 rear bar is also almost 1 lb lighter than stock but over 140% stiffer. It weighs less than 5.5 lbs!

https://www.steeda.com/2015-2017-mustang-sway-bars

Lighter, stronger and a lifetime warranty ... while being manufactured in the U.S.A. by the American Worker!

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steeda sway bars - easiest decision I made. No coined ends. More adjustment up front than the competition. Stiffer rate than the competition. Better mounting/bushing options. Designed and tested and balanced on road courses and made by Steeda, not a third party.

You may also prefer Swift Spec R springs, a stiffer front SPRING rate REALLY wakes this car up. But don't go past the Swift 270-ish rate without upgraded dampers... will probably be harsh. The Swift Spec R springs are really a great all-around setup where body roll was improved, turn in response was improved. Little soft rate in the rear for my preference (would rater it be mid-800s) but the 780-ish rate makes the drive smooth (the back of these cars cars is where a lot of bounce comes from, especially on concrete highway) and they're okay for PP dampers. Pair them with Steeda Fixed Pro-Actions... oh yeah, that's the ticket. I know this because I've done this (well, with adjustable dampers but set at the fixed damper equal setting).

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
Steeda sway bars - easiest decision I made. No coined ends. More adjustment up front than the competition. Stiffer rate than the competition. Better mounting/bushing options. Designed and tested and balanced on road courses and made by Steeda, not a third party.

You may also prefer Swift Spec R springs, a stiffer front SPRING rate REALLY wakes this car up. But don't go past the Swift 270-ish rate without upgraded dampers... will probably be harsh. The Swift Spec R springs are really a great all-around setup where body roll was improved, turn in response was improved. Little soft rate in the rear for my preference (would rater it be mid-800s) but the 780-ish rate makes the drive smooth (the back of these cars cars is where a lot of bounce comes from, especially on concrete highway) and they're okay for PP dampers. Pair them with Steeda Fixed Pro-Actions... oh yeah, that's the ticket. I know this because I've done this (well, with adjustable dampers but set at the fixed damper equal setting).
Love my swifts too, and your view of them is spot on. The quick turn-in sold me, as did the "comfort" of the rear rates.

I have a BMR rear bar on the softest setting, and I drilled new inner holes on the base front swaybar for a stiffness increase of about 10%. This gives the car a solid rear roll bias, but thats what I wanted from my setup. Keep it sideways!
Sponsored