Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Have you called BMR? They are usually very easy to deal with.
@BMR Tech ?
Yes I reached out by email. They responded with a quote from their warranty policy and told me warranty is valid only for the original purchaser. I then asked if I could buy a replacement. Never heard back from them.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes You can buy the single part, but you will need to call them to order it.
Is it known which side is the bad one (out of spec)?

I recall threads about CB005 clones being sold on eBay. @StangTime since you got them used (not original buyer), any chance of that? If they are genuine, I am surprised BMR would not make it right. The length can't be increased or shortened after manufacturing. Wonder if BMR's response is not wanting to open a can of worms if it turned out to be made by someone else?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Is it known which side is the bad one (out of spec)?

I recall threads about CB005 clones being sold on eBay. @StangTime since you got them used (not original buyer), any chance of that? If they are genuine, I am surprised BMR would not make it right. The length can't be increased or shortened after manufacturing. Wonder if BMR's response is not wanting to open a can of worms if it turned out to be made by someone else?
It came in a box with BMR packing tape, looks legit. These are the one-piece machined cup version. As far as I know the clones use a lower spacer as well as an upper.

The passenger side fit no problem. The drivers side is longer. I measured them with calipers, outside edge of the cup to the edge of the plate:

Passenger, no problem:
20220521_200400.jpg

Drivers, problem:
20220521_200522.jpg

@BMR Tech @BMR Suspension (users appear to be MIA) can you verify these dimensions?

Adding @uraloser2me2 Since this might be the same "Glenn" from BMR.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the outside of the cup is not a reference point, nor is the plate edge. you want the hole to hole distance. You should be able to elongate the holes in the plate to achieve the necessary workaround.

But yes, BMR should be producing correctly dimensioned parts regardless.
Is it the lighting? the color doesn't seem BMR red.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
the outside of the cup is not a reference point, nor is the plate edge. you want the hole to hole distance. You should be able to elongate the holes in the plate to achieve the necessary workaround.

But yes, BMR should be producing correctly dimensioned parts regardless.
Is it the lighting? the color doesn't seem BMR red.
The hole to hole distance is not easy to obtain as that measurement is not planar. I applied the calipers between two edges that I could easily repeat on both braces for the purpose of comparison only. Elongating the holes isn't going to help much. The angle would still be an issue due to the center bar being too long. The flat plate won't sit flush against the unibody even with the holes elongated.
The odd color is due to my crappy florescent lighting. The parts are bright red in person.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The flat plate won't sit flush against the unibody even with the holes elongated.
fair enough. Is this another case of a Canadian reseller unhelpful vs dealing with the USA company? nee the whole Steeda Canada fiasco thread.

I would absolutely insist BMR USA send you a replacement part in exchange of their f'up.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
fair enough. Is this another case of a Canadian reseller unhelpful vs dealing with the USA company? nee the whole Steeda Canada fiasco thread.

I would absolutely insist BMR USA send you a replacement part in exchange of their f'up.
Haha, no, not in this case. These were purchased direct from BMR by another forum member local to me in Ontario Canada. The original shipping label was still on the box under my shipping label.

I agree, it would be good for BMR to make it right this has left me with a different perception than the general forum consensus that BMR makes a quality part. An exception to thier warranty policy in this case is the right thing to do. As I mentioned previously, it was made wrong from the start.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.