Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Is the front top upper lockout ring on the problem side, installed upside down? Looks like maybe it is. Please confirm.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It looks the right way to me BUT the cup should extend down almost to the "cup handle" like it does on the other side. I asked in the original thread if the rear of that side is the problem because if the cradle is not in the same plane as the body where it bolts, it might look like that in the front. Maybe the the lockout ring in the back is upside down or something else is forcing the rear of the cradle away from the body causing the angular issue in the front.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the back upper lockout ring is on front.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Is the front top upper lockout ring on the problem side, installed upside down? Looks like maybe it is. Please confirm.
Thanks for the response!

I will double check tomorrow or Tuesday for sure. Maybe today if I can break away for awhile.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks the right way to me BUT the cup should extend down almost to the "cup handle" like it does on the other side. I asked in the original thread if the rear of that side is the problem because if the cradle is not in the same plane as the body where it bolts, it might look like that in the front. Maybe the the lockout ring in the back is upside down or something else is forcing the rear of the cradle away from the body causing the angular issue in the front.
Looks like the back upper lockout ring is on front.
I’m hoping it’s just upside down or flipped front/back. I’ll be double checking in the next few days.

Everything went on so smooth until that side. So a simple solution like being upside down would be welcomed

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Following up on this - the issue was the subframe is crooked. Despite everything lining up boltwise there is about three inches of gap between the drivers side rear tire on each side. On the passenger side there’s about four inches of gap in the rear and two in the front.

My 762 kit is arriving today so later this week that’ll go in along with the lower control arm bearings and subframe alignment sleeves from Steeda.

Had I not forgotten to put those sleeves in on Saturday it probably doesn’t get crooked when rebolting.

Learning more each day about these IRS cars! Once I get everything in I’ll report back on how it’s lined up.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Following up on this - the issue was the subframe is crooked. Despite everything lining up boltwise there is about three inches of gap between the drivers side rear tire on each side. On the passenger side there’s about four inches of gap in the rear and two in the front.

My 762 kit is arriving today so later this week that’ll go in along with the lower control arm bearings and subframe alignment sleeves from Steeda.

Had I not forgotten to put those sleeves in on Saturday it probably doesn’t get crooked when rebolting.

Learning more each day about these IRS cars! Once I get everything in I’ll report back on how it’s lined up.
Whoa those are some serious mods friend! Let us know how it works when you're all finished :beer:

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

Well, there isn't much "slop" when you use the CB005.

We intentionally leave a little bit of room within the mounting due to OEM production tolerances. If the IRS subframe is off a significant amount with the CB005 pieces installed, then it would still be off with a tighter sleeve installed.

I have never had this issue on the production side with our CB005 arm, in terms of it being off as much as you pictured...but, anything is possible I suppose? Maybe the arm was built incorrectly?

Also, did you confirm this was not the issue (attached pic) ?
Correct and Incorrect.jpg

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Here is an example of clearance / slop on the front mounts. This is without coating on the part too.
59401186_2284699848242978_3037289958495748096_n.jpg

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, there isn't much "slop" when you use the CB005.

We intentionally leave a little bit of room within the mounting due to OEM production tolerances. If the IRS subframe is off a significant amount with the CB005 pieces installed, then it would still be off with a tighter sleeve installed.

I have never had this issue on the production side with our CB005 arm, in terms of it being off as much as you pictured...but, anything is possible I suppose? Maybe the arm was built incorrectly?

Also, did you confirm this was not the issue (attached pic) ?
Correct and Incorrect.jpg
Thanks for the info!

I’ll confirm the ring placement once it is taken back off to do the 762 and bearings. I’m going to have a shop do it since I wouldn’t be able to do it myself for another two weeks.

Even with it being off like it is - I can tell you that is has made the car feel so much better. I’m excited to get the BK081 and CB762 on there.

Also - tip of the cap to you guys on the SP080’s. In my opinion the best riding springs I’ve had on a car. They feel and ride great.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is an example of clearance / slop on the front mounts. This is without coating on the part too.
59401186_2284699848242978_3037289958495748096_n.jpg
Forgive my ignorance here...so the subframe shouldn’t be off centered that much because of the tolerances on these, correct? So it’s possible that the ring is upside down therefore allowing the off centered issue?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
That is correct. The piece above fits into the stock sleeve pretty snug, and then there is the gap you see with the bolt to cup above.

The total amount the IRS subframe can shift (or, be "off center" per say...) is about 0.135". Just a hair over an eight inch. But again, we do that intentionally.

If the upper ring is upside down it will lower that side of the IRS subframe enough to cause all sorts of issues, yes.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That is correct. The piece above fits into the stock sleeve pretty snug, and then there is the gap you see with the bolt to cup above.

The total amount the IRS subframe can shift (or, be "off center" per say...) is about 0.135". Just a hair over an eight inch. But again, we do that intentionally.

If the upper ring is upside down it will lower that side of the IRS subframe enough to cause all sorts of issues, yes.
I blew the pics up and you can see the front cup is not upside down. The fact that it doesn't extend down to the "cup ears" makes it look like it might be upside down. I still think the problem may be at a rear corner. The back end of the cradle is riding low which creates that situation at the front.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stopped by the shop today to have the alignment done and the tech and I looked at the rings. The one in question appears to be installed correctly.
CCF479EB-21AF-409C-91BB-D39DB8432E4B.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.