Sponsored

BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Question for BMR.
I am fitting my 089 springs shortly and I read that you cut down the bump stops by the same amount as you do on the lower performance springs. Is cutting them down strictly required on the min drop springs or would I be best buying some of the Ford performance bump stops M-5570-B ?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Question for BMR.
I am fitting my 089 springs shortly and I read that you cut down the bump stops by the same amount as you do on the lower performance springs. Is cutting them down strictly required on the min drop springs or would I be best buying some of the Ford performance bump stops M-5570-B ?
Cut 3/8" off the smaller side :)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I put my BMR 089B front springs on today. Some tips for anyone changing their own front springs.

1. Undo the bolts at the bottom on the strut both sides first just to make sure you can get them out. no point doing one and not the other.
Use a copper mallet to bash them out. the splines are tough. Tip here. heat round the bolts with a blowtorch. Hit the bolts both ways. not just out, but back as well to break the spline binding. If you have underseal round them, remove this first with a knife. Keep hitting them, they will go eventually. I was hitting one for 30 mins at least before it moved.
2. buy 3 spring compressors and make sure they are short ones. The threaded bolts foul on the shocks if they are long. Three makes it more even.
3. buy a ratchet gun for it. its a horrible job with a spanner.
4. make sure u charge the gun up before hand and then again 1/2 way through.
5.leave 5-6 hrs to do the fronts

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I put my BMR 089B front springs on today. Some tips for anyone changing their own front springs.

1. Undo the bolts at the bottom on the strut both sides first just to make sure you can get them out. no point doing one and not the other.
Use a copper mallet to bash them out. the splines are tough. Tip here. heat round the bolts with a blowtorch. Hit the bolts both ways. not out out, but back as well to break the spline binding. If you have underseal round them, remove this first with a knife. Keep hitting them, they will go eventually. I was hitting one for 30 mins at least before it moved.
2. buy 3 spring compressors and make sure they are short ones. The threaded bolts foul on the shocks if they are long. Three makes it more even.
3. but a ratchet gun for it. its a horrible job with a spanner.
4. make sure u charge the gun up before hand and then again 1/2 way through.
5.leave 5-6 hrs to do the fronts
Each car is different, but two folks can do front and rear in 4 hrs without rushing (just did one two weeks ago on a two year old car), and that includes some time for creative problem solving with certain fasteners/issues.

Agreed 100% to check to make sure you can get the strut to knuckle bolts out first before doing anything else.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
picture.jpg

089 fronts and PP rears

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Since Photobucket $hit the bed this awesome thread got screwed. Heres some recent pix of my ride on performance springs.
20170711_113558.jpg
20170709_164040.jpg

KKenny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Roush Phase II
Finally got all of my BMR goodies installed! Luvin' it!
20170609_164755_SMALLER.jpg

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Love the wheel color, Actually never been a huge fan of Guard Green, but this works. :headbang::headbang::thumbsup:
Thanks man, the BMR springs really help the look/feel. I recommend them all the time.:thumbsup:

Lol!

Funny thing is that whenever I'm rollin' people stop me ALL THE TIME to either talk to me about it, compliment the color or give me a thumbs up if I am moving. Just yesterday a dude in a ford chased me down in the parking lot to talk to me about it.

Its not for everyone and thats cool too.

Personally I cant do yellow:shrug:

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
That's Parker.

Guard is my favorite color hands down - the original order I made in May 2014 was for a guard color GT and I regret jumping on the first S550 to cross the Florida border, which was DIB. :(

Looks GREAT!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That's Parker.

Guard is my favorite color hands down - the original order I made in May 2014 was for a guard color GT and I regret jumping on the first S550 to cross the Florida border, which was DIB. :(

Looks GREAT!
Thanks!

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the SP089/SP082 combo on a base GT will be able to get by without C/C plates or camber adjusters while I'm on the stock struts?

I'm just looking to get it to normal street driving specs. as I probably won't toss new struts on until I can get some PP take-offs in the future.

The Steeda IRS braces are currently the only suspension mod that the previous owner put on.

Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.