Sponsored

BMR Suspension New Product Release - Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing Kit - BK055

BMR Suspension

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 300A PP GT
Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings for S550 Mustangs
BK055

Minimize wheelhop and enhance the rear stability of your 2015 and newer Mustang with a Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing Kit from BMR Suspension. The stock rubber bushings are great for absorbing NVH, but do little for performance. The large spherical bearings in BMR’s Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing Kit eliminate bushing deflection, which reduces lower control arm deflection, rear wheel alignment changes, rear spindle rotation, and wheelhop. The BMR Suspension Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing kit (BK055) is heavy-duty 1-inch spherical bearings in CNC-machined bearing cups that replace the factory rubber bushings. The assembly presses into the lower control arm and is held in place with heavy-duty snap rings. CNC-machined billet aluminum spacers complete the assembly. This allows for a perfect fit and increased performance for any driving style. Designed for street performance, drag race, and handling applications. This eliminates almost all fore and aft lower control arm movement. This reduces wheelhop and increases handling stability, while greatly improving the overall feel in any performance-driving situation. The BMR Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing Kit comes in a durable black zinc finish. Installation time is 3-4 hours.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Sponsored

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Kelly maybe you can help me, I have your delrin cradle bushing, poly diff bushings, vert links and toe rods, car is sitting on eibach sportlines with stock shocks. I've had it aligned twice to the specs you gave me. Car drives straight with hands off the wheel but as soon as you push down the gas pedal it pulls left, pretty hard depending on speed. Even durning normal driving, when I bring up the rpms it will pull left, then clutch in and it darts right. Car is not safe and feels like its not even connected to anything. All bolts are towqued and loc-tight was used, been under there a few times to recheck everything.

I guess my question is will these bearings help with that? or is something totally f'ed on this car? I've never had a vehicle drive like this, takes all the fun out of it not to mention it just looks like its about to dart across 4 lanes of traffic with just squeezing the accelerator pedal. HELP ME PLEASE!! I don't want to sell this car but it this cant be fixed it's going bye bye.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Kelly maybe you can help me, I have your delrin cradle bushing, poly diff bushings, vert links and toe rods, car is sitting on eibach sportlines with stock shocks. I've had it aligned twice to the specs you gave me. Car drives straight with hands off the wheel but as soon as you push down the gas pedal it pulls left, pretty hard depending on speed. Even durning normal driving, when I bring up the rpms it will pull left, then clutch in and it darts right. Car is not safe and feels like its not even connected to anything. All bolts are towqued and loc-tight was used, been under there a few times to recheck everything.

I guess my question is will these bearings help with that? or is something totally f'ed on this car? I've never had a vehicle drive like this, takes all the fun out of it not to mention it just looks like its about to dart across 4 lanes of traffic with just squeezing the accelerator pedal. HELP ME PLEASE!! I don't want to sell this car but it this cant be fixed it's going bye bye.
I have had other person say these same things....with only a set of Eibach Springs and our Diff bushings. Odd.

Post up your alignment specs, and I will see what I find.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I'm going to take a guess and say your issue is related to half-shaft bind. Your car might be so low with the Sportlines in combination with a diff that essentially doesn't move, that when you hit the gas and make the car squat, it puts the left half-shaft outside the range it wants to work in. That's the only thing I could think of that would do it only under acceleration. Otherwise you have a torsen differential that's not operating properly, but that's much less likely. If it were just straight alignment, you'd see it in all conditions.

Sponsored

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Sub'd

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
That's a good thought, I do think these springs are too low, looks awesome but I don't think they put much thought into these springs. I think between that and the stock shocks it's just not a happy combo.

I don't have a print out for my alignment specs but I was there when they did it. Rear: Camber maxed out, toe set to -.15. Front: got the toe to stock location, I cant remember what it worked out to be.

I don't think this is an alignment issue at all, the car tracks straight, wheel is straight, no weird tire wear. Its like the rear of the car is steering when I hit the gas which is why I hijacked this thread figuring the lower control bushings are flexing just enough to walk the car into the other lane, its scary shit I tell ya.

I guess throw more money at it till its fixed is my only solution....ha

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Sure you're not breaking loose? Those Pirellis on the PP are completely silent when you lose traction. I was breaking them loose a lot more than I actually thought I was. Which, is probably why they only lasted 5k miles.... lol

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Definitely not loosing traction. When I'm in 5th gear going about 55-60 and I squeeze the gas pedal it will pull right into the left lane unless I hold the wheel straight, sometimes under harder acceleration I have to steer the car right to keep it straight.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good thought, I do think these springs are too low, looks awesome but I don't think they put much thought into these springs. I think between that and the stock shocks it's just not a happy combo.

I don't have a print out for my alignment specs but I was there when they did it. Rear: Camber maxed out, toe set to -.15. Front: got the toe to stock location, I cant remember what it worked out to be.

I don't think this is an alignment issue at all, the car tracks straight, wheel is straight, no weird tire wear. Its like the rear of the car is steering when I hit the gas which is why I hijacked this thread figuring the lower control bushings are flexing just enough to walk the car into the other lane, its scary shit I tell ya.

I guess throw more money at it till its fixed is my only solution....ha
I seriously doubt any of the bushings are causing this. Again, if it were something like that, it would happen no matter if you're accelerating or not. It's a dynamic response. If it doesn't do it when braking, it's something to do with the driveline binding. I'd think about putting the stock rear springs back on and see if it still happens. It's not so much a shock/spring match, it's just that it's too low and really F's the geometry. If you hadn't done the carrier and diff bushings as well, I imagine the effect would be less noticeable. This car doesn't need a rear drop at all, and if any, less than 1".

Sponsored

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I was debating putting the stock springs back on the rear and now I think it's worth a shot to at least see if it changes anything. Thanks for the help and i'll keep everyone posted.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Best of luck.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I tested the Sportlines. No thanks.

Progressive....too low....very unpredictable ride.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I tested the Sportlines. No thanks.

Progressive....too low....very unpredictable ride.
Agreed, I went with the pro-kit. I like them, but they will soon be dumped for a set of coilovers.

Any word on when k-members will be released?

Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Well then it looks like they will be getting thrown out and i'll order up a set of your's Kelly. Talk soon!
Sponsored