Sponsored

BMR For The Win

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Installed the cradle lockout kit sometime ago. That alone stopped the hop. Now just installed BMRs Vertical links, BMR aluminum diff. inserts along with BMRs sway bar end links. Combined with the Konis and Swift springs this car is where it should have been from the factory. Thanks Mr. BMR for all the help and info. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the cradle lockout kit sometime ago. That alone stopped the hop. Now just installed BMRs Vertical links, BMR aluminum diff. inserts along with BMRs sway bar end links. Combined with the Konis and Swift springs this car is where it should have been from the factory. Thanks Mr. BMR for all the help and info. :thumbsup:
The CB005 alone got rid of at least 80% of the hop for me. Couldn't be happier with the result, given the price and ease of fitment. :thumbsup:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Is the BMR lockout Kit only benefit the wheel hop issue or does it have other benefits with my vertical links lowering springs and pro action shocks I don't have any wheel hop that I could notice. Trying to decide if I should add the BMR lockout kit now that steeda released an alignment kit works with BMRs lockout kit

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Is the BMR lockout Kit only benefit the wheel hop issue or does it have other benefits with my vertical links lowering springs and pro action shocks I don't have any wheel hop that I could notice. Trying to decide if I should add the BMR lockout kit now that steeda released an alignment kit works with BMRs lockout kit
It definitely helps. It also helps aid in aligning and keeping the cradled centered. You really can't go wrong with either the CB005 kit or Steeda's cradle lockout kit.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
you are running the aluminum differential bushing kit? is it pretty rough on the street? or not bad?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think the cradle lockout not only helps wheel hops but improves handling because the cradle cannot move side to side anymore during cornering. I've noticed since I had mine installed the rear is stiffer overall, which can have a negative impact on ride quality in certain situations on the street, like turning into a driveway for example. There's less movement in the rear overall and some of the force will be transmitted into the cabin. That's the only negative I could see, and this is very minor and only under certain conditions.

But IME so far I see as much potential for an increase in handling and cornering as benefits for curing wheel hop.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think the cradle lockout not only helps wheel hops but improves handling because the cradle cannot move side to side anymore during cornering. I've noticed since I had mine installed the rear is stiffer overall, which can have a negative impact on ride quality in certain situations on the street, like turning into a driveway for example. There's less movement in the rear overall and some of the force will be transmitted into the cabin. That's the only negative I could see, and this is very minor and only under certain conditions.

But IME so far I see as much potential for an increase in handling and cornering as benefits for curing wheel hop.
Overall handling definitely improves with the lockout kit. The car feels much more confidence inspiring to put power down. I actually think it improves overall ride quality because everthing's not flopping around like it used to. Certain bump events are a tad more noticeable, but the overall experience is a more controlled ride, even if you feel more. Going over small driveway curbs are actually less harsh than before because the subframe/cradle isn't also moving around a bunch when going over.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Overall handling definitely improves with the lockout kit. The car feels much more confidence inspiring to put power down. I actually think it improves overall ride quality because everthing's not flopping around like it used to. Certain bump events are a tad more noticeable, but the overall experience is a more controlled ride, even if you feel more. Going over small driveway curbs are actually less harsh than before because the subframe/cradle isn't also moving around a bunch when going over.
You might be right. I think it's the "certain bump events" as you describe it is a tad more noticeable.

But stock, there's way too much cradle movement, which I think is the biggest thing in this IRS I had a problem with. It made putting power down unreliable and tight cornering unpredictable and if I can even say, unsafe if you're doing an aggressive maneuver.

The next BMR piece will be the CB006. With all the mods I've done the rear I think the front chassis brace would cap it off, even though I do have the strut tower brace already which helped.